No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Jet3D - a must have for all aircraft unit creators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it you're not talking about me...
    "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
    "The bloody dog is dead"
    ------------------------------------------

Comment

nah, don't worry - you're sound
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

cheers
        "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
        "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

Whether you hate me or not for not replying to your comments, you can download the latest version of this program from here: http://maciekp.cjb.net/AM4D_setup.exe

I had to rename it, as there already was a program called Jet3D. I'm not very creative when it comes to naming my software, so for now I call it "AutoMagic 4D".

Why 4D? Because if I have enough time, AutoMagic will be able to handle X/Y/Z and time (for animation). I know there are more than 4 dimensions, but my perception is limited to 4 only...

The program is now GPL, it means you can freely use it/copy/modify it/ destroy it and burn it.

Tech details:

Written in C++ using MS Visual Studio .NET 2002, tested under Windows XP Pro and Windows 2003 Enterprise.

For now, there are 3 components:

- Graphical version (what you're most likely to use)
          - Console version (good for batch conversion, or if you're a terminal freak
          - Static library for linking with your own open source programs

There will be a DLL, which will hopefully work with other languages than C++, e.g. Visual Basic (which seems quite popular in Civ community).

AutoMagic 4D uses:

PLIB 21/07/03 (c) 1998, 2002 Steve Baker
          FLTK 1.1 (c) 1998-2002 Bill Spitzak
          Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

maciek - nobody here hates you
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
              maciek - nobody here hates you
              ditto,

Also, thanks for posting the file link again maciek.
              "The bloody dog is dead"

Comment

Version 0.61beta is available at http://home.iprimus.com.au/maciejplewa/AM4D_setup.exe , it adds support for some obscure 3d formats such as Geomview, OpenFlight, etc. So there's probably no reason to download this version, as it doesn't have anymore new features.

If anyone's interested in the source code for this, there will be a CVS available soon.

Quick poll: should I remove support for Linux GUI and make the Windows version faster/smaller?

Comment

Official website for AutoMagic 4D (formerly Jet3D) - http://am4d.berlios.de/ . Development page - http://developer.berlios.de/projects/am4d (I haven't uploaded the source code yet, so make sure to ask me if you want it).

Comment

grow the **** up
                    Dying tickles!

Comment

This thread is very confusing!
                      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

You can download it from here

Comment

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                            ditto that

Comment

The new version of AutoMagic 4D will be available in a week or two, in the meantime the old version will be offline.

Comment

This forum contains an "ignore" feature that allows you to block out postings by users you put on it. Use it if you have to, don't complain.
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X