Perpetually PO'd Residents!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpetually PO'd Residents!!

Playing Germans, Monarch Level, Large Map with several captured English towns on edge of empire. England no longer exists (I didn't do it, only contributed). In one of these towns (population 2) I cannot get one of the residents calmed down (when "polled" he claims "I cannot forgive the injury inflicted on us" or some such tripe) and have to use other resident as a clown. Thus it doesn't grow. Tried dispanding town and replacing with settler. Same thing happened!! Is this a bug?

Do you have a temple in the city? Does the city have access to the luxury resources your other cities have (assuming they do)? These things help, as well as starving out the old population.
    I don't get the part about the settler. Did the settler come from one of your other German cities (in which case the new town should have happy German residents)?
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Tried dispanding town and replacing with settler. Same thing happened!! Is this a bug?

Nope, that's done by design to avoid people doing from what you just did.
      If you build the settler from that city, he will remember the unhapinnes when you use him to found a new city. (Same goes for workers btw)
      -
      If you disband an unhappy city, it will spread to nearby cities.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Try turning both residents to "clowns." This will starve out the old English rabble and newly 'born' residents will be German. Presumably they'll be (at the least) content.
        "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Tried dispanding town and replacing with settler. Same thing happened!! Is this a bug?

Nope, that's done by design to avoid people doing from what you just did.
          If you build the settler from that city, he will remember the unhapinnes when you use him to found a new city. (Same goes for workers btw)
          -
          If you disband an unhappy city, it will spread to nearby cities.
          You may have the answer although I replaced the disbanded town with an outside settler, not from the Pop. 2 town and the unhappiness DID spread to the adjacent English town.

Comment

Re: Perpetually PO'd Residents!!

Originally posted by dakooch
            In one of these towns (population 2) I cannot get one of the residents calmed down (when "polled" he claims "I cannot forgive the injury inflicted on us" or some such tripe) and have to use other resident as a clown. Thus it doesn't grow. Tried dispanding town and replacing with settler. Same thing happened!! Is this a bug?
            The reason for that particular claim is that Elizabeth pop-rushed a defense unit in that town, one or 2 turns before you captured it. Peasants don't stand for that abuse and will remember it for about 20 turns, even if you didn't do it. Just do the usual things to calm them down, especially try to connect the town to the rest of your empire and build a temple there ASAP (but no more pop-rushing!).
            The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Re: Perpetually PO'd Residents!!

England no longer exists (I didn't do it, only contributed).
              Do not look for excuse.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                hi ,

whats your form of gov , .....

have a nice day

Republic . . . sans Republicans.

Comment

Republic . . . sans Republicans.
                  Cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X