Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCENARIO: The Nuclear Milenium: India vs Pakistan

Dear Civers,
    The scenario is finally ready after one month of effort, 2 weeks on map/bix file creation and 2 weeks on playtesting/sav file creation. This scenario let you pit two nuclear armed arch rivals in South Asia. India and Pakistan relation has been bloody since days of independence 50 years back due to Kashmir teritory dispute. This scenario set in 2005, designed to play from Pakistan side is to exert dominance over juggernaut India and the surrounding region.

Scenario description:

"It is the year 2005. Fundamendalist radicals from Pakistan detonated stolen nuclear arsenal from Pakistan's military at the historical India city of Agra resulting in an all out war. Pro-western Arab states under pressure by America who is eager to stamp out proliferation of nuclear arms in Islamic countries send a coalition force to 'secure' Pakistan's nuclear arms, i.e. war. Play as president General Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan whose job now is to prevail against India and Western-Arabic coalition's incoming onslaught. More countries may join in the war against you if you decide to use more of your nuclear arms. Control the South Asia continent to ensure security and dominance of Pakistan. Victory when Domination or Conquest is acheived within 4 years (208 week-turn)."

Further background info and setting in readme.txt. DO read this file! Sav files require v1.14 or higher to play. Bix file created from Civ3XEdit v2.56.

Features:
    - Detail map, realistic terrain and tile improvements per atlas reference. So don't expect railroad or irrigation everywhere.
    - Easy download! Less than 500kb! Only animation file for Bunker unit require download, other graphics use existing units from PTW and WWII extras that came with it.
    - Play new/modified units such from T55, T72, T90 Chinese/Russian type, M1s, Jihadis, Anti-tankers, Commando, Mujahedin, Bunker, Rocket Launcher, B2s, F117As, etc.
    - There are 9 civilisations - Pakistan, India, China, Afghanistan, Iran, Arabic States (Qatar, UAE, Oman), Nepal, Bangladesh and former Soviet States (Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan). Political situation described in readme.txt.
    - All 25 old/new wonders assimilated into the scenario. Expect things like Three Gorges Dam (Hoover Dam) of China, US Naval Command (Magellan) in Qatar or Nizamiah Observatory (Copernicus) of India, etc. Full description in readme.txt.
    - Require 'survival skill' with a zeal of a true General. Expect to fight at multiple fronts, have strategic planning, resource security and maximisation of manufacturing capabilities. But since all these might be an overkill to some people, three versions of sav files created: Deity, Monarch and Regent. Regent has further AI ability reduced to aid human player. All of these has the same 1st turn opening sequence played out to ensure similarity. Original Deity bix file downloadable for your convenience (need 1 minute to load up on my P4 2.4Ghz).

Political map:

The sav game file (Deity) at end of thread for the REAL general. See other version in subsequent messages.

Enjoy the game and feedback.

Regards,
    General Maximus
    The "Near-death" scenario creator
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gen. Maximus; June 25, 2003, 11:23.
    Heroes only rise from the ashes of destruction.

The Nuclear Milenium: India vs Pakistan

Monarch Scenario Sav file attached. For the general wanna-bes!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gen. Maximus; June 25, 2003, 11:32.

Comment

Regent version scenario save file with up to 5% to 60% reduction in AI starting offensive/defensive units. For the rookies dreaming of following a general's path...
      Attached Files

Comment

The original Deity bix file for those we wish to further customise to your own liking. Note that diplomacy is not set, map will be dark, etc. However the readme.txt has description of the 1st turn opening sequence.
        Attached Files

Comment

Map Screenshot

Shot of Pakistan. Defend her borders with all your might!

Good luck!
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds great! Would you like some leaderheads (not animated but still high quality)? I have Vajpayee, Musharraf, Karzai, Khatami and Saud. Check out the World 2003 scenario (Play The Real World) for a demo, or I can just send them to you.
            Military Research and Simulations Initiative

Comment

Thanks, I know of World 2003 scenario the great things you guys were coming out with. Currently I do not have the knowledge on adding the leaderheads. Thanks for the offer though. You sure did look at the details!

Comment

Last edited by maciek; July 3, 2003, 14:22.

Comment

oh, did I? I'm running at a 56kbps, so I hope it ain't too big!
                  Email me at
                  rlks8@yahoo.co.uk
                  Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Maciek for the leaderheads. I'll be updating the bix file.

Comment

Can't wait to play the new version...

Comment

Working...
                      X