Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should there be any new civ traits for conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should there be any new civ traits for conquests?

ive always wondered if there is room for a new civ trait. i would like to see a seafaring trait added onto the game, (this would be great it could replace englands expansionistic trait), perhaps it could lower shield cost of, harbors, offshore platforms, and commercial docks. or it could increase ship movement. perhaps one movemnet point. those are just my feelings however, i would like to hear some of your opinions if there should be more traits or perhaps improve traits.

They'd have to find a way to balance it correctly. Right now they have a slight imbalance (expansionist tends to work much better on larger maps than it does on smaller maps). Industrious is still more useful overall than any other trait IMHO since it's best function comes in the early game (when you really need it) rather than the late game.

That said though, I'd love to see a new trait or two in Conquests. It would have been nice if PTW had included a new one for some of it's new civs.

Comment

Hmm... Or maybe divide "Expansionist" into two different trait - Seafaring and Colonizer. Both would generally recieve better stuff from huts like the original Expansionist trait. Seafaring would allow the civ to start out with a galley, have a +1 movement bonus, and have cheaper harbors and commercial docks, and offshore platforms. Colonizer could start out with the scout.
      "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
      but when there has been naming
      we should also know when to stop.
      Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

That's an interesting idea, though again it would need some balance. Seafaring would be incredibly powerful on an archipelago map and not very useful on a pangaea map (though I suppose that in itself implies a bit of balance ). Plus, unlike expansionist as it is now, it would be useful all throughout the game with the cheaper commercial docks and offshore platforms later in the game. The main problem with expanionist is that once you come to the limits of your exploration then the good qualities of the trait are complete. On a standard map you can explore your area fairly quickly and then you have to hope the boost you receive at the beginning will be carried through by your other trait. But on a huge map, you have much more territory to explore and more "boost" potential.

I unfortunately don't have any ideas off the top of my head to contribute , but good ideas from you both.

Comment

Working...
        X