No announcement yet.

SCENARIO: World War 2 Worldwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing some changes and testing now. I will take Vichy France out and give most of it to Germany. However I'm not sure about a few places:

Northwest Africa (Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, etc.)
    Djibouti
    Madagascar
    Morocco
    World War 2 Worldwide
    Muddy Flood Plains
    World Map

Comment

Originally posted by Yurt
      I'm doing some changes and testing now. I will take Vichy France out and give most of it to Germany. However I'm not sure about a few places:

Northwest Africa (Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, etc.)
      Djibouti
      Madagascar
      Morocco

This should help you out
      Go BIG or go home.

Comment

I think that's what it already was, isn't it?
        No! It was:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Me262
        Messerschmitt 262

But it has to be:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Me262
        Me262

Then you'd not have to copy files and change file names...

Sorry for the late answer.

Comment

@wunder: thanks for the link but I can't seem to find any info about those countries. I'm pretty sure Madagascar was active against the allies but I don't know about the others.

@caliban: I understand now, I guess I might as well not bother with the name changes.

Can somebody please check their files for me, I think the default folder names are "me-262" and "fw190" but I might have the hyphen mixed up (it could be "me262" and "fw-190".
          World War 2 Worldwide
          Muddy Flood Plains
          World Map

Comment

Just to tide everyone over until version 1.1 is released, here is a save game file. This requires you to change folder and .ini "me262" to "me-262" (will be fixed next time so nothing has to be changed) but otherwise nothing needs to be changed - in other words if you didn't make any changes before don't make any now, if you did make changes before, you have to change everything back to its original names.
            This is a savegame for Germany, they have an embassy, mpp, and rop with Italy and Japan, they have contact and map of every civ except China (will be fixed) and they are at war with Free France, Great Britain, Russia and the USA. All other civs have contact with each other, as well as varying degrees of each other's maps.
            Many changes have been made for this save but they will be explained in detail in version 1.1.

Download
            World War 2 Worldwide
            Muddy Flood Plains
            World Map

Comment

New version posted! It includes a Germany save game file, see first post for details.
              World War 2 Worldwide
              Muddy Flood Plains
              World Map

Comment

Can somebody please check their files for me, I think the default folder names are "me-262" and "fw190" but I might have the hyphen mixed up (it could be "me262" and "fw-190".
                The default folder names are "me262" and "fw190".
                Last edited by Caliban; July 23, 2003, 13:51.

Comment

Right, someone told me that at CivFanatics already so that is fixed in the new verison. I also just posted a file with save games in it so you can load those instead of loading the scenario. Russia, America, Germany and Britain are included. Contacts are made and war has been declared. A few of them lack a few contacts but nothing major.
                  World War 2 Worldwide
                  Muddy Flood Plains
                  World Map

Comment

Units found where??

I just joined today, so I am playing catchup on all the ways to add to the shelf game.. but where do I get the units which seem to be necessary for this scenario to operate?

Are there other files necessary as well.

Thanks,

Fencer

Comment

Re: Units found where??

Originally posted by Fencer
                      I just joined today, so I am playing catchup on all the ways to add to the shelf game.. but where do I get the units which seem to be necessary for this scenario to operate?

Are there other files necessary as well.

Thanks,

Fencer
                      Just check that you have a Civ3Ptw\Extra\World War II directory.
                      The only thing I needed to do was this Me262 FW190 thing in the .ini file.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot:
                        I also had to play a little bit with some image editor to get the building icons correct.
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Does this work with C3C?

-- PF

Comment

I don't know, I don't have C3C.
                            All Civ3 scenarii work with Civ3Ptw, so I guess all Civ3Ptw scenarii will work with C3C.

Comment

Great effort

Comment

Working...
                              X