No announcement yet.

Civs in Civ3: Conquests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heresson, what could be more rude that you constantly disrupting the thread with your polictics? Some agree some don't. Others are not interested, but nearly all would prefer not to discuss it here. We get enough of it out side of the game.
    If you have some non political thoughts on the game, express them, if not stop crashing the party.

Comment

• Here is some info on Khmer I thought I would post:

The Khmer or Angkor Civilization came into existence during the period from 802  to 1431 A.D. and stretched as far as the modern Thailand-Burma Border in the West and Wat Phou of Laos in the North during its peak.
      Its emergence lies in the fact that the ancient Khmer rulers adopted a right political doctrine of its time, which enforce the unity among people. Moreover, they had developed an intelligent irrigation system to control the water of the great Mekong River for agricultures, which enhanced its prosperity.  The Khmer Civilization had long been perished over 5 centuries ago, but it left outstanding monuments such as the great Khmer temples of Angkor Wat and Bayon and numerous unique sculptures like Apsara.
      The word "Angkor" is derived Sanskrit, an ancient Indian language, of "Nagara" which means "City".  Angkor Wat literally means "City of Temple" and Angkor Thom "The Magnificent City".
      No doubts, the ancient Khmers were great masters of stone carving. As we can see today the unarguable evidences of various Angkor temples lying on the vast plain of Siemreap, or even beyond its present-day border to the Preah Vihear at Dangrek Mountain, Phnomrung and Phimai in Thailand and Wat Phu in Laos. All these were created and carefully crafts  by the ancient Khmers in successive centuries. This seems to contradict with the normal and easy-going life of the local Khmer people and villagers of their time.  What drive them to put such an extraordinary efforts and time will be explained in the next chapters.
      And some other information:

Since the economy of the Khmer civilization was based mainly on agriculture, the majority of the people should have been the peasants or the farmers living in the villages.  It was not clearly certain that there were any small landowners in the kingdom since most inscriptions often referred to large landowners of the elite class or of the temples.
      It was estimated by George Grosliers, a French archaeologist, that the total agricultural land of the Angkor Empire was about 70,000 hectares. Being used to cultivate crop two or three times in one year, the land was able to support the densely populated Angkor kingdom. This mastery over the water is one of the major factor for the rise of Khmer Civilization.
      So I assume they would be agricultural. What would their UU be? Maybe something to do with the Khmer Rouge?
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

• I doubt it -- not only are the Khmer Rouge despised the world over, but its only that a civilization would be given a unique unit that didn't appear until nearly five centuries after that civilization had ceased to exist.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by panag

some civ's really should get three traits instead of two , others only one , ......

have a nice day
          Actually I do agree with it, it makes sense with some civilizations, although I think that there should be a possible choice of taking three commercial abilities thus making a country *very* commercial, like the choices would be like:
          Country 1: Scientific, Scientific, Expansionistic (UK)
          Country 2: Religious, Industrious, Militaristic (Israel)
          Country 3: Scientific, Scientific, Expansionistic (Russia)
          ...I cannot imagine a civilization with three single-type traits? Maybe the mayans could be 3xReligious.

Well, actually this is a game, anyway so it is maybe not so big a problem to choose just two. I think that UK has shined in science more than in commerce, but then they'd become too similar with Russia, I guess. I wonder what this seafaring means...

Comment

• So the Dutch and the Portuguese are in...

I guess this goes along with their new "seafaring" trait
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• It looks like Israel is going to be screwed AGAIN, as Firaxis caves into the Jew-haters in Europe and the Muslim world who can't tolerate the idea that *gasp* those damn Christ-killers still exist and *gasp* have started defending themselves rather than being good little Jews who board the trains without a problem...

If Israel isn't included, I won't buy the expansion-- just as I didn't buy PTW because Israel wasn't included. I won't give my money to cowards who cave into hatred.

Comment

• If Israel isn't in I would hope GhengisFarb finishes his Ben Gurion so we can mod them in.

I hope Atari is paying attention because it seems like many of us loyal civ players want Israel in the game.
                For your photo needs:
                http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

• Originally posted by SeferKoheleth
                  It looks like Israel is going to be screwed AGAIN, as Firaxis caves into the Jew-haters in Europe and the Muslim world who can't tolerate the idea that *gasp* those damn Christ-killers still exist and *gasp* have started defending themselves rather than being good little Jews who board the trains without a problem...

If Israel isn't included, I won't buy the expansion-- just as I didn't buy PTW because Israel wasn't included. I won't give my money to cowards who cave into hatred.

The bit about boarding the trains was the funniest.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• hope Atari is paying attention because it seems like many of us loyal civ players want Israel in the game.

Yes it seems like some kind of Hebrew Civ would be very popular with the fans. I hope it'll happen one day.

It would be nice if we could get one, if at least for no other reason than people would stop whinging about there not being one.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It looks like Israel is going to be screwed AGAIN, as Firaxis caves into the Jew-haters in Europe and the Muslim world who can't tolerate the idea that *gasp* those damn Christ-killers still exist and *gasp* have started defending themselves rather than being good little Jews who board the trains without a problem...

Well, there is the OTHER side of the coin: Jewish groups that do not want to see Israel possibly depicted in a negative light in a video game.

There are definitely a lot of anti-semites in the world, but how active is the anti-semite lobby at Atari? And how much influence do Muslims, who seems to be the de facto target for all non-muslims in today's world, really have at Atari either?

Doesn't it seem a bit absurd to you to think that Muslims are calling the shots on C3C? Why would Abu Bakr even be depicted in the game? That doesn't exactly follow Islamic doctrine re: icons...
                      You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• You know it is just possible that a given Civ not being included in an expansion pack has nothing to do with any polictics or pressure groups.
                        It is not written anywhere that all things are a conspiracy. Some times it is just happen stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by vmxa1
                          You know it is just possible that a given Civ not being included in an expansion pack has nothing to do with any polictics or pressure groups.
                          It is not written anywhere that all things are a conspiracy. Some times it is just happen stance.
                          Well, I would say that this is also true.
                          You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

I can't wait to see Israel included someday and then see you ***** and whine about the leaderhead ("It's so ****ty, it was certainly drawn by an anti-semite to show jews in a bad light"), the choice of traits ("We are religious, scientific, commercial, industrious and agricultural, but not militaristic, expansionist and seafaring as those jew haters show us") the cities and the leaders.

I'm not against the Hebrews to be included as civilization. But permanently *****ing and whining and seeing an anti-semitic plot everywhere won't help your cause.

Comment

• Couldn't have said it any better SR...
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Have you ever think that people are tried of being called anti-semita because they criticed Israel and the action of they government. Well I criticed the America government and it prejury commitee leader also than in public too. Firaxis didnot cave in to Jew-hater in Europe and the Muslim World to leave Israel out. Some poster point out Israel wasnot than nation for a long enought period to include in the game.

Also people are getting tried of Jew cry about the 6 million who die in WW II as they where the only one who really matter or they only one who die in WW II. I estime that may-be 150,000,000 to 200,000,000 people die in world war II. We will never learn how many because records where destory in the war or people just didnot have the time to keep accurate record.
                                By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Working...
                                X