Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW Worker Bug?

Hello there,

I have a question which might be a bug but could be maybe a feature - depends on your perspective.

I've played Civ3 for about a year I went and got PTW and the 1.21f patch and still have a question.

Workers, when left to automate but not clobber existing stuff, work differently between the two versions.

In PTW Firaxis added building Airbases [Control-Shift-A] but the type of build for the workers was taken out, (improve if there are no other improvements, or forests). It seems like the workers occasionally will build mines and sometimes not.

I've tested it and do know that in Civ3 v. 1.29 that this works just fine.

What gives or is there a keystroke I'm missing?!

I'm gonna guess that the folks at Firaxis would pretty much want to keep the new functionality but I'm wondering if there isn't a modified worker already out there or something that gives that worker build function back to another key or something

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I don't really understand what you are saying but I will try to answer anyway.

I am pretty sure that in PTW you can do only improve unimproved tiles. You can also choose what to build, irrigtion, mines, roads (trade). I don't think I noticed any changes from Civ3 to PTW excpet that ther is now more stuff in PTW.

There is no other modified worker (except for graphics), the editor doesn't allow you to create your own shortcut keys.

Try enabling the advanced buttons in PTW from the main mune under preferences I think and see what pops up. That might solve your problem.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Working...
    X