Trouble with new tribe & regicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with new tribe & regicide

Hello, this is my first post here. I did a quick search of the forums but didn't find anything to help my problem.

I've created a new tribe for my PTW mod. Everything is working fine except for regicide game play. Whenever I start the game and build a first city with my new tribe, it instantly says that I've lost the game. I suspect that it's creating a king unit and then instantly capturing my own city!

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions? I'll keep trying to debug this, in any case.

Don't quote me, because I don't play with Regicide turned on, but doesn't it require a special "king" unit for the other civs to capture? If so, you'll probably have to create a unit for your new tribe.

Comment

Yup, I created a new king unit. I used the one of the other king unit graphics, "Montezuma". And as far as I can tell, the only time it is referenced is in the PediaIcons.txt file:

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Cheveyo
      King Aztec

I also chose the Montezuma icon in the unit creation wimdow in the editor.

When I play the regular PTW game with regicide, I start out with a settler, worker, and king unit. In my mod game when I play regicide with the pre-made civilizations, it works fine. But my new civilization doesn't get a king unit. And when I build my first city, I instantly lose the game.

I can't figure it out. I've created icons for the civilopedia entries for the king, everything that I can think of.

Comment

Try posting the files for your mod here. If someone who knows more about the regicide options downloads and looks at it they might be able to help you. Sorry I couldn't.

Comment

(EDIT: Can I delete my posts?)
          Last edited by Flamegrape; June 14, 2003, 18:58.

Comment

Okay, I figured it out. I noticed that you have to designate a king unit in the civilization creation/edit window in the editor. Problem solved.

Thanks, everyone! See ya around.
            Last edited by Flamegrape; June 14, 2003, 19:00.

Comment

Working...
            X