A very simple graphic feature request for Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very simple graphic feature request for Expansion

I'm really really limited with the terrain graphics.

If it is at all possible, could you allow for more terrain sets?

If not, could you at least turn the resource tiles from squares to diamonds (like the tiles), and allow for unlimited resources. This way I can actually make any tile look like whatever I want. I don't know if you get me on that, but I get me and that's what is important.
    be free

Certainly would love to see you make more stuff for civ, so a big from me
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ditto - you have done a great job and hope to see more.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I think it would be difficult to add more terrain, because of the map generator, but it would be nice to allow more varieties for the current terrain
        Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

I get you with the resources. If they were the same size and oriented the same way as regular tiles (and like you said, unlimited), I could make any terrain (graphically, at least).
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

If Sn00py and WarpStorm want it, then it MUST go in.

Comment

I second that

Comment

ditto on more tilesets.

A desert titleset for middle eastern scenarios would be nice.

I'd also like to see more city graphic variations. With Conquests, we now have 32 civs sharing the same 4 culture group graphic variations. Things tend to look all the same on the map. If they could give each culture group an alternate city graphic, it would be cool.
                AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

I wish I could place Tundra by plains and not have one of them turn into grassland. This sometimes happens with desert and plains when I am near mountains or hills.

Also let me place plains under jungles. Jungle soils are nutrient poor.
                  "It is not given to man to know what is right and what is wrong. Men always did and always will err and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong."

Comment

Snoopy - you should have joined the beta team.
                    Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
                    Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
                    Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

I did, but I didn't get in, guess it's coz I live in NZ?

All I'm asking is that they add slots for it. Just put in a "add" button under the terrain tab, and it creates a new blank terrain set in the art directory, then us artists can just fill it in, but of course it would need to be told what terrains it connects to and doesn't connect to and that can be done in the editor too. So I don't see what would be so hard about implementing something that would change Civ so dramatically.

Also about the addition of new cities. It's a lot of work for Firaxis to draw up more cities, but hey, allow for us to add more cultural style cities and we'll do the work for ya!

I really believe that this is such a simple solution to so many needs.
                      be free

Comment

Oh yeah, cripes, I forgot, if it really is easy, pls allow for addition of the other terrain types too, like mountains, tree's, even the water would be great. That way I could make things like the tropical waters too.
                        be free

Comment

snoop I'm with you. Firaxis can simply code it such that each Civ can potentially get their own city sets and let the fangroups make it.

The new city sets, etc. could always come in the proposed mod CD some of the fans are suggesting.
                          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
                          X