Conquests at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquests at Amazon

I don't know how long it has been there, but I hadn't noticed it.

Apparently, the date is Oct. 28, 2003. The price is...$30!!
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Kinda early, don't you think.... oh well.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Much too early.
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

The earlier they set the preliminary release date the earlier they can get your cash.

cheers

Comment

It has only been up a few days at Amazon; I noticed it either yesterday or the day before on Amazon. It has been up longer at EBGames, it showed up at EBGames shortly after the XP was announced. Currently cheaper at Amazon.

Both sites list end of October (28th) as the availability date.

Comment

I think I will pretend it does not exist until Oct. That way I don't have to keep checking on it.

Comment

hi ,

they have mentioned it before that they want it out around that date and patchfree if possible , ......

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                The earlier they set the preliminary release date the earlier they can get your cash.
                They usually don't bill until they ship.

Comment

.... deleted ....
                  bleh

Comment

Additional information from Atari which may encourage people to pre order if the deal goes through:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=&pagenumber=7

Originally posted by Jeff_ATARI

Hi guys,

The specific proposal which Teturkhan put together -- funding mod makers full time to create an independently sold CD -- will not happen in the Civ Conquests timeframe, for a variety of financial, legal, and business reasons. The door is definitely open for something like this in the future.

However, the concept of creating a separate CD compilation of some of the best material from fan sites such as this one is still quite alive. Since we simply won't raise the price of Civ Conquests, I'm very interested in putting out such a CD as part of a pre-sell program. As in, pre-order Civ Conquests and get a ''Best of the Net'' CD full of goodies -- some familiar favorites, and some exclusive (for a time). This accomplishes several things:

1) It rewards loyal fans who were going to buy the game anyway, without requiring anyone to shell out more cash.
                    2) It gets fresh content into the hands of players that might not normally seek out and download these mods.
                    3) It brings more people into the community made strong by fan sites such as Apolyton and CivFanatics.
                    4) Pre-sell programs with quality content makes retailers happy. (Happy retailers = more product promotion in stores = more units sold = more Civ products in the future. Plus, that's my job. )
                    5) It fills the gap while you're waiting for Civ Conquests to ship.
                    6) It's a nice litmus test that provides evidence for the viability of future projects like the one Teturkhan proposed.

I have nothing official to announce yet; I am working out some details behind making this a reality. Perhaps I'll start a new thread once I have more info. After all, part of the success of something like this depends on involvement from all of us here to really make a splash.

I thank all of you for your interest and your posts, especially Teturkhan for getting the ball rolling on this in the first place. I'm looking forward to making this come together.

Best,
                    Jeff Foley
                    Atari

Comment

Huh, well I would preorder for once if that were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        Huh, well I would preorder for once if that were to happen.
                        Ditto.
                        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I saw that Jeff_Atari message in a different post. I'll say it again, for more civs and units I'll definately pre-order!!! It won't cost any extra money.
                          "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
                          Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X