road to button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road to button

I created a unit with the build road ability. (Specifically, it is a 1.1.2 2 cost, 1 pop cost unit that had build road as an ability.)

It works fine within the game, except the "build road to" button does not work. When I move and build roads manually, they're fine. And the 'automate trade network' works fine. But, whenever I try to use the 'build road to' button, it never changes to the select target icon and just stays there until I tell it to do something else.

Suggestions, anyone?

I do not know but here is a guess: The Road-To button might only function for a unit with the "terraform" AI strategy. Since setting the "terraform" strategy requires *all* worker actions to be given to a unit and your post implies that this unit is only given the road-building action, I am assuming that it does not have the "terraform" strategy. Note that I would be very surprised if the AI civs properly use this unit for the same reason.

Comment

Yeah, it's only road - no terraform. I hadn't really intended for the unit to be built for AI use but I doubt it would be as well. It's a shame they built the AI that way.

Comment

If you don't want the AI to build it, you can specify which Civs are allowed to build which units, in the editor.
        When doing some mods from TeTurkhan's mod, I noticed he had oriental workers and settlers, flagged so that only Korea, Mongols, China, Japan could build them. But those same civs can't build regular-looking settlers and workers. So just set the flag on your unit, and exclude it from everyone else.
        My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Working...
        X