Individual Tech Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Tech Trees

Ok guys....listen up. I don't even think this is possible...but I have to give it a go.

First....has anyone here modded the F6 Science screen in PTW?

Cause if you haven't....you probably can't help me.

Anyway..I'm making a mod with 6 civs. Each of these 6 civs have totally independent tech trees. As in they can't get the same techs or units.

I've already tested this and it works...but the F6 screen is obviously a total mess.

And I need some ideas to fix it.
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Well, what have you done to get independent trees and ensure that they don't cross? Knowing how you've modified things is sortof a prerequisite for giving advice on what to do with the advisor screen

Comment

Re: Individual Tech Trees

Originally posted by CornMaster
      I'm making a mod with 6 civs. Each of these 6 civs have totally independent tech trees. As in they can't get the same techs or units.

I've already tested this and it works...
      How did you manage this?? -- AFAIK, "Era None" can be used for the Ancient Era to have individual tech trees, in that the AI won't trade them -- but the AI WILL trade "Era None" techs if they are required for advances in subsequent eras.

Thanks,

Oz
      ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

5th or 6th Era? Science screen?

Ok, ok ok... I'm curious , This is the FIRST thread I've read where any mention of an actual 5th or 6th Era can exist... or am I misunderstanding , As i'm modding ATM, I have to change my idea's to suit the modding possibilities, and only having 4 Era's / science screens is annoying , and I would very much like to edit/ change/ add to this.

So Please Squash/Raise my Hopes with your Knowledge of this....
        EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

Re: 5th or 6th Era? Science screen?

Originally posted by Bane Star
          Ok, ok ok... I'm curious , This is the FIRST thread I've read where any mention of an actual 5th or 6th Era can exist... or am I misunderstanding
          Methinks you misunderstand ...

4 Eras (plus "Era = None") is HARD-CODED into the game and cannot be changed (although I suppose you could you use LESS than four eras if you desired).

Sorry -- if it's any consolation, you're hardly alone in your disappointment.

-Oz
          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Working...
          X