No announcement yet.

New Civ3 Conquests video online !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Aniras, do you have MSN messenger, or any other chat programs? PM me if you prefer.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

can't someone make a brief resume of the movie? Or say if it's worth the downloading

Comment

I'll say this, it's not worth downloading.

Comment

here is the transcript I promised
          Sid Meier: Conqeusts is an expansion pack for Civ 3. Uh, which really kind of deals with some exciting episodes in history.
          We have the Samuarai conquest of Japan, we have, uh, some historical scenarios. There are more units in the game that allow you to recreate your own scenarios.It's kind of taking a militaristic look at the history of civilization and providing the tools to make your own scenarios as well as providing our profesionally created scenarios
          [cut]
          There are some improvements in multiplayer in civ conquests, uh, I think that is becoming a stronger and stronger part of the game. Certainly originally civ was just a single player game but the community has been playing more and more multiplayer so we made some additional improvements in civ conquests.

Comment

I think that is becoming a stronger and stronger part of the game.
            Yeah, with 3-4 patch to resolve the MP lag in civ3PTW... it's sure it become stronger and stronger.... and it's not even fixed now!!
            I wish in Conquest it will be fixed!!!

But thanks Monk for the transcript... and to give your money to gamespot.

See ya!
            bleh

Comment

Maybe we should all give a dollar to pay him back

That was very informative
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                It's kind of taking a militaristic look at the history of civilization
                can you make civ3 more militaristic? the way is is now it is a war game

cheers

Comment

If and when the video in question becomes available to non-subscribers of GameSpot's "Complete" service and is therefore downloadable for free, we would most likely host the clip in question beginning at some point thereafter.

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. On another point: yes, we answer PMs.
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect

can you make civ3 more militaristic? the way is is now it is a war game

cheers
                    My thoughts precisely.

Even for diplo junkies and trader junkies, it is a kind of war. You want to win, and unfortunatelly winning usually involve some kind of violence either physically or in some virtual arena, like diplomacy or trade.

The reason why 99% of all units in Civ are militarily based does tell you something about its orientation. It is about war. But I think Civ 3 has moved away from that a bit and provided players a broader set of tools to wage war. The trading/diplomatic system is very nice and I hope more of this area is added in Conquests.

I'm dying to hear more about the locked alliances thing. Sounds neat.
                    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
                    X