Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ef7194.tmp???

Hi

I recently reinstalled Civ3 on my computer that I klnow it works on, and when I attempt to load the game the following message is displayed:

Error: Create Process(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\~ef7194.tmp

The system cannot find the file specified

This is a well documented error with other games, but as yet I have not found a solution. I have downloaded the 1.29f patch, but this programme performs an illegal operation every time I attempt to install it

Has anyone had this problem, and can anyone help me???
    My current system is as follows:

K6 II (500 mhz)
    voodoo 3 2000
    40gb harddrive, around 30gb free
    96mb ram
    sound blaster 16

This more than meets the system requirments, so has anyone got any ideas??

thanks,
    MIK
    "Laughter is the best medicine.........unless of course you're diabetic, then I suppose insulin comes pretty high up on the list."

Did the account you used have administrator priviledges?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka
      Did the account you used have administrator priviledges?

Sorry, not followng..........
      "Laughter is the best medicine.........unless of course you're diabetic, then I suppose insulin comes pretty high up on the list."

Comment

What version of Windows do you have? 98/98SE/ME or 2000/XP? If you have 2000 or XP, you need to install Civ III using an account which has administrator access rights to the system, in order to able to properly do modifications to the registry, etc. If not 2000 or XP, the problem is elsewhere.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I have Windows 98, and the file it wants is not in the windows\temp folder, I've checked. This file must have been deleted somehow, or it is supposed to be installed by the civ 3 cd, but it hasnt been. I am at a total loss now, and its annoying me because I haven't played xciv 3 in so long, I'm desperate to get back into it!

Comment

Hi

I've just had a thought

If this file is installed with civ 3, everyone who has the game working should be able to access the file. I would be grateful if someone could copy the file and send it to me in an email.

If anyone does send me it, I owe you one!

cheers,
            MIK
            Last edited by MIK_IZ_WAK; May 24, 2003, 14:54.

Comment

The file should be generated at Civ3 startup and then started. is yuor TEMOP directory readonly?

Do you use any aggressive antivirus program?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
              X