Can't get game to recognize may edited civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get game to recognize may edited civ

I have done this before, when the game first came out, and now I want to do it again. I have created an Israeli civ and I am trying to play it. I went into the editor and named my leaders, cities, and king and I saved it but I can’t figure out how to play it in the actual game. Do I save it as a scenario, or a regular save, do I bring it up under new game or load game? I’m lost

Scenario and load scenario...I think
    And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

To play with modded rules, such as a custom Civ, there are a few steps to be done.

1. If you want to always play by these rules and not by the standard rules anymore, you should :
      - copy Civ3mod.bic (or Civ3X.bix if you are playing the Expansion) in a safe folder.
      - Edit the rules and modify the Civ at your heart's content
      - Save these changes uunder the name of Civ3mod.bic or Civ3X.bix.
      - They will become the default rules. If your mod has bugs, you can always override your modded file with the save that you have done in first step.
      - Select 'New Game' in Civ3. It will launch by the new default rules.

2. If you want to have the Israelis from time to time in the game, but don't want to override the default rules.
      - Go to the editor and edit the rules at your heart content.
      - Save it in the scenarios folder under a name of your choice (for example 'Israel.bix')
      - In Civ3, select 'Load Scenario' and select yours in the list. If you haven't drawn a map, this scenario will only include modded rules on a random map.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Humm, it seems like I did #2 and got this error:

"#"

The game will end now!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I got it up and running!

Comment

Working...
          X