Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contents of Civ3-XP: Place Your Bets Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that with this new XP Civ3 will be finally the game it should have been from the beginning.

Or, rephrasing it, we will finally get most of the features we were hoping for since the very beginning (at least I hope so!).

Many will say that paying for 1 game + 2 XPs is too much/expensive. I don't agree: 100 $ for 3 years of playing seems cheap to me (1 year Civ3 + 1 year PtW + at least 1 year of C3C).
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
      The Emperor Fabulous, you might want to change it back

Celts are already in the game
      You'll have to excuse me. My head was in my rectum.

I change it to a Native American group.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

You'll have to excuse me. My head was in my rectum.
        How did THAT happen? (And did you get a picture?)
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
          It seems to me that with this new XP Civ3 will be finally the game it should have been from the beginning.

Or, rephrasing it, we will finally get most of the features we were hoping for since the very beginning (at least I hope so!).

Many will say that paying for 1 game + 2 XPs is too much/expensive. I don't agree: 100 $ for 3 years of playing seems cheap to me (1 year Civ3 + 1 year PtW + at least 1 year of C3C).
          And considering past experience that a new civ game comes out every 5 years, that's $20 a year. Not bad...

Still, that for no reason justifies Firaxis and Infogrames' irresponsability in releasing some of the buggiest software I have ever played.
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

The Mesopotamia scenario suggests that possibly the Assyrians (Nineveh, Nimrud, Assur) are included as a seperate civ.
            A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
            Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Isn't Nineveh a Babylonian city already?
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

There are already Civs that share the same cities, with a different name. Lutetia and Paris, Lugdunum ans Lyons, Burdigala and Bordeaux, Byzantium and Istanbul. If the Firaxians find the Assyrian names of these cities, they'll work it out
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

They may simply have split up the present Babylonian city list for the purpose of the scenario. Chances are that Sumeria and Assyria will NOT be available outside it.

If it's only Sumeria then that would be a way of preventing the problem of what to do with the Barbarians who now occupy the 32nd slot.

But if Firaxis are planning a third expansion pack they may want to leave several slots open.
                  A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                  Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Nahh, assyria is to close to babylon i think. that would be like adding denmark to the game, where scandinavia already is present.
                    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                      There are already Civs that share the same cities, with a different name. Lutetia and Paris, Lugdunum ans Lyons, Burdigala and Bordeaux, Byzantium and Istanbul. If the Firaxians find the Assyrian names of these cities, they'll work it out
                      I cannot remember, but does the romans have londinium in civ3? i don't think so.

Btw: have any of you played ceasar III, that is where i've learned all the old roman citynames, and of course from playing civ too.
                      it's good you are learning something while playing.
                      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Captain THC
                        New civs:

1) Incas
                        2) Mayans
                        3) Sumerians
                        4) Hittites
                        5) Poles
                        6) Portugese
                        7) Polynesians
                        8) Hebrews/Israel

hi ,

is that a fact

great list , but where do the poles fit , we need a bigger map

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Captain, good list...except for the Poles...

Hagbart...my favorite is Sarmizegetusa.

I doubt that the Sumerians will be available only in the scenario. It seems highly unlikely, and I'm quite sure that they will be one of the 8 new civs. The Assyrians don't stand much of a chance of getting included.
                          Empire growing,
                          Pleasures flowing,
                          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Europe is really overcrowded with all those civs. I agree with Panag that we certainly need a bigger map.

Those extra civs would be great for a European scenario, though.
                            "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                            but when there has been naming
                            we should also know when to stop.
                            Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                              Nahh, assyria is to close to babylon i think. that would be like adding denmark to the game, where scandinavia already is present.
                              The same is true for Sumerians being too close to Babylon as well unless they are only in a scenario, in which case having the Assyrians probably wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

But this "too close to" is only true if you are playing on a world map, which never happens to me ... Maybe I'd try some scenarios (and probably will, when C3C comes out) on a WM, but then geographic proximity is not a problem anymore.

Originally posted by Master Zen

Still, that for no reason justifies Firaxis and Infogrames' irresponsability in releasing some of the buggiest software I have ever played.
                                Absolutely true. Maybe this is why they are recruiting hundreds of beta testers for C3C.
                                Last edited by Tiberius; May 22, 2003, 03:40.
                                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                                --George Bernard Shaw
                                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                                --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X