Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 home pcs, one PTW game, is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 home pcs, one PTW game, is it possible?

I wondering if it is possible to play PTW on two computers at home with one disk. My wife and I want to play but we don't want to have to go out and purchase an entire new game. Is there a patch or crack that lets you play on two computers with one game? We don't want to do the hotseat thing, we want our own computer.

I assume it works that you start the game and once in the main menu, you pass on the disc to the other PC. It's possible the host will need it for starting the MP game, but you'll notice that. Haven't tried that yet with my PtW.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Your wife play civ with you??!!
      It is so rare to see a couple playing together.
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Yes I know, I am so blessed! She likes to play empire earth more than anything because it is faster to play and she can build all that stuff. She used to play risk growing up so she is interested in Civ, but she would rather play with or against me and not by herself with me telling her everything to do.

Comment

According to everything I have read indicates that it won't work long term. It was designed one PtW CD per machine.

Comment

Originally posted by kring
            According to everything I have read indicates that it won't work long term...
            What won't work long term, a marriage where both spouses play Civ?
            My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

No, using one PtW CD for multiple computers doesn't work long term. As noted above, one PtW CD per computer is the way PtW was designed to be played.

Comment

I suggest you try first and then say if it works or not.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Could you please ask your wife to call mine and tell her that civ is a great game? I wish that when the point about doing things together an argument like -"We haven't played civ together for ages, don't you love me any more?" were valid...

Comment

I responded to your message, Vlado, in the general category, I made a little joke out of it, but it could work.

12 steps to getting your wife to play civ 3

Comment

I saw your answer caliskier and I think I'm going to try it. We were able to play Myst together for quite some time before actually. I do think that accellerated production is a good choice as well, the tedium can problably get to her otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X