Adding New Citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding New Citizens

I tried to add a new type of Citizen to a scenario called "Ruling Class", which was to add 1 point to science (Scientists add 1 to science) and 2 points to commerce (taxmen add 1 to commerce) but to add -2 to happiness (Entertainers add 1 to happiness).

The idea was that the Ruling Class citizens would offer considerable advantages in science (rich ariostocrats and borgoise type folk that like to fund the Arts, and from whose ranks spring lots of Oxbridge/Ivy League educated smartasses, backed by their rich families that help pay for things like the Faculties new lecture theatre and so on). In addition to that, being everything from Feudal-lords to fat-cat factory-owners, they would contribute much more revenue to the governments coffers then your average blue-jean Joe per year. However a 'Ruling Class' is always going to cause resentment amongst 'the rest' of society, and thus the -2 Happiness effect.

And yes- before you mention it I realise that a 'Ruling Class' citizen is just the same as two taxmen, one scientist and two entertainers... (to zero the minus two happiness) but then you are getting the effect of five citizens for the price of one...

So the ruling classs citizen was to become available with the discovery of Feudalism, and I used the taxman key so the game would know what they are supposed to look like. I played a game, discovered feudalism... rushed to have a look at my shinney new privaleged caste... and CRASH, the game just wont have it.

WHY!?

I was so looking forward to watching how the AI would use them... but everytime I tried to make them work it just causes and illigal stack fault or something. I also changed the names of the other citizens just to see if the game was just against the idea of editing citizens in principal or something-

Entertainers->Politicos
    Taxmen->Middle Class
    Scientists->Academics

The game accepted these changes, but just wont allow me to add a fourth (not counting Laborers) without crashing.

Please Help me, Somebody, Please!
    Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

I'd like some help on this too

I've also tried to get this to work, I have ideas for a 4th, 5th and 6th 'citizen' type to choose, but haven't been able to get it to work as of yet, If I find out or If anyone else Knows Please post it here......
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

You need to add rows to the smallheads.pcx with graphicas for the new citizen type.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

More specifically, the file Gramphos refers to is Art\SmallHeads\popHeads.pcx

Note that there is some weirdness in the graphics for some of the culture groups which occur once you start adding citizens. Buckets has done an excellent tutorial at CFC showing how you can create a popHeads.pcx which avoids these issues.

Comment

Working...
        X