AI and added governments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and added governments

I'm making a little investigation of added governments, and I would like to know if you have seen the AI use added governments during wartime.

I've just started my investigation, ad any observations will make it possible for me to get into a faster conclution.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

After doing some checks it seems as if my teory was wrong. However I will keep investigating it. It may still be a factor in the chance of a tecnology being selected by an AI.

What I'm talking about is that there is a uneditable flag for governments, which defaults to 0 but is 1 for Anarchy, Despotism, Monarcy and Communism. And I'm trying to figure out if it does anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

What I'm talking about is that there is a uneditable flag for governments, which defaults to 0 but is 1 for Anarchy, Despotism, Monarcy and Communism. And I'm trying to figure out if it does anything at all.
      No flag of this sort is apparent in the PTW editor screen.

The two gov types you don't mention -- of course Republic and Democracy -- are the only two which have the "Standard Trade Bonus" flag set (each tile generates +1 commerce) but that's all that leaps out at me.

-Oz
      ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

I thought it might be paid vs forced labor, but that doesn't work. I've looked in the gov section of the PtW editor, and there are no flags or settings that are unique to those four govs.

Comment

From what I've seen, the AI will often switch to governments that have the tile bonuses. In the last game I played, ALL nations had democracy.
          "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
          but when there has been naming
          we should also know when to stop.
          Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias

No flag of this sort is apparent in the PTW editor screen.

The two gov types you don't mention -- of course Republic and Democracy -- are the only two which have the "Standard Trade Bonus" flag set (each tile generates +1 commerce) but that's all that leaps out at me.

-Oz
            Well the thing is that the flag isn't in the editor, but in the BIX file. And recreating any of the governments with the flag set (Anarchy-Communism) exactly does not set the flag. So it's an unshown flag. But it must do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem
              From what I've seen, the AI will often switch to governments that have the tile bonuses. In the last game I played, ALL nations had democracy.
              Yes, democracy is a very commonly choosen government. But in a long time war they choose a government with no war weariness. And all the governments with no war weariness have the hidden flag set. That's the reson for my theory: That if you created a really good war government the AI mybe wouldn't use it during war as that flag wasn't set. But I've not been able to prove anything, and it's just making me more and more confused.

Comment

But it must do something.
                Don't be so certain -- it could be a phantom from a never-implemented function or something hypothetically left for expansion.

-Oz
                ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

But why would it be set for those governments?

Of cource it can be unused space. The BIC is full of it.

Comment

But why would it be set for those governments?

Of cource it can be unused space. The BIC is full of it.
                    I think the implementation of Governments has always seemed under-developed to most of us -- hence the flurry of new gov types amongst modders. Of course, as we know, the number of parameters to work with are limited.

Going way out on a limb -- I can't imagine but that there was some active discussion within the design team between the standard Civ I/II gov model and something more like SMAC. Given that the non-representative government types have that flag set differently, perhaps it was to introduce some other aspect of ideology or economics into the mix ... ?

Just guessing --

-Oz

Comment

Wait... doesn't Monarchy have Low war weariness?

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                        Wait... doesn't Monarchy have Low war weariness?
                        No. Only Replublic and Democracy have war weariness.

Comment

communism during war

while playing a game i waged war ever since i found my first rival civ. i actually never took the liberty to look at their government choices until late in the game but all the civs were communist when i checked. I did diplomacy and they all had the ability to be democracy but they chose communism. i signed a peace treaty with one and 4 turns later he had gone back to democracy.

[note: the game was monarch level, 12 civs, modded so nukes were nonexistent]

Comment

Working...
                          X