No announcement yet.

Civ2 Beakers Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely the .sav file contains the information about the number of beakers needed for the next advance and the number of beakers gained per turn - could this not be displayed programmatically?

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by SG
      Surely the .sav file contains the information about the number of beakers needed for the next advance and the number of beakers gained per turn
      1) Allard Höfelt's HEX-EDITING says nothing about that.

2) I run a test a year ago: I added one tech via the cheat menu and I found the byte where number of techs acquired is stored, but nothing else.

I think both the information about the number of beakers needed for the next advance and the number of beakers gained per turn are computed 'online'.
      BTW the number of beakers gained per turn is computed in a wrong way: cities in disorder produce beakers, but the F5 key don't take them into account.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Plans

Here are my future plans. I hesitate what to do first, so post if you prefer some feature.

- to compute seed number (also from positions of specials)
        - to allow to use the Seed file with MP games (Now in MP Seed file is observable on second comp only - you have to run another instance of Civ2MGE. But I want to make the Seed file viewable with Civ2 Fantastic World)
        - to show work agglomerated by Settlers
        - to register past changes about other civs in Intelligence window (amount of gold, techs obtained, new cities)
        - to warn when a unit enters in a zone of undiscovered cities ('near city XX' in the supporting city window)

Comment

Bug in version 0.3

I am very sorry, the Seed File feature in version 0.3 was buggy:

On an unrevealed terrain it didn't show all possible huts, but only existing huts. So you found out when a hut on unrevealed terrain was tipped by another civ!

This is corrected in version 0.4

Comment

Version 0.4

Version 0.4

First of all, I renamed the program to Civ2 Administrator ( I tried to buy the trademark CivManager, but it was too expensive).

Changes from version 0.3:
            - program can count seed number (also from specials)
            - bug with tipped huts in black area (from version 0.3) is corrected
            - program interface uses Tabs
            - some minor changes are included

Instructions to use: (instructions from all previous posts are included here)
            The program provides several functions:

1. The Seed tab counts seed number (from positions of both huts and specials). With the seed number you can reveal positions of specials: you can generate the Seed file (see point 4.) or you can use it with Scouse Gits' Hut Finder.

Next functions (2.-4.) require you save a game. The program reads information from this save (unfortunately it can't read values from the computer RAM).
            So you have to save a game into any .sav (or .net, .hot) file using the File To Load tab.
            (In the game I usually use the
            Ctrl-S S Enter
            combination to save the game quickly to "s.sav" file. But the Civ2 program asks if you want to rewrite a file: it annoys. Therefore there is the "delete .sav file" option in Civ2Admin. )
            Civ2Admin detects if the file was changed and reload it automately. But this option can slow down old computers so you can turn this option off.

2. The Turn tab shows next Oedo years (works in any scenario and any difficulty level).

3. The Beakers tab shows number of beakers accumulated and provides some some computations around.

4. The Seed tab allows you to create a 'Seed file' that shows theoretical position of specials and huts in unrevealed terrain:
            After you found out the seed number (using Seed Number tab) enter a name of a file that you want to use as a 'Seed File', enter the seed number and click on the Accept button.
            Then go to Civ2 and load the 'Seed File'.
            Be sure you chose your civ color/number under File To Load tab correctly! Otherwise you will reveal foreign position.
            Notes:
            Unrevealed terrain has continent number set to 0.
            If the Game File is reloaded automately then the Seed File is rewritten automately also.
            Grassland on revealed part of a map is changed so that you can see possible specials.
            Use in MP: Unfortunately it is not possible to load files when playing a MP game. You can load a seed file on another computer only. But I plan to add a function that will convert the Seed files from MGE to FW - then you could open them in Civ2 FW (you can run both MGE and FW simultaneously on one computer).

Notes:
            Those numbers in the window title are number of turn and year.
            Every copy of the program (you can have different Civ2Admin.exe files in different Civ2 folders) remembers the status of the last run (it is stored in a .ini file ): window position, the name of .sav file, seed number etc.
            I am sorry I didn't repair some small bugs yet. So you will get some unnecessary warnings etc.
            Last edited by SlowThinker; September 24, 2003, 17:09.

Comment

0.4 download

Attached Files
              Last edited by SlowThinker; September 20, 2003, 20:06.

Comment

double post

Comment

So does the program automatically determine the seed or do you have to input some parameters?
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So does the program automatically determine the seed or do you have to input some parameters?
                    Noooo. The program knows the seed but it won't expose it for free . You must
                    a) input the square coordinates and square type (hut, special, fish, whale...)
                    or
                    b) insert 5 bucks

Comment

AHHHH, I was confused when you guys talked about it running off saved games. I'll download it later and give it a try. Thanks.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah, I see I was a little confusing. The seed counter works independently from any savegame. Other Tabs of the program need a savefile to work, but the seed counter works separately.

Comment

version 0.5 (provisional)

I am releasing this version of Civ2Admin only because of some tests that are needed in Info: Settlers-Engineers .

It is in a very debugging status:
                          The tab 'debug' shows units (and cities) in the game:
                          'Type' depends on rules.txt: Settlers are 0, Engineers 1 and so on.
                          'Home'is the home city,
                          'Work' is the pre-charged work of Settlers and Engineers (also commodities of caravans).
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SlowThinker; March 6, 2004, 22:58.

Comment

Attachments don't work after the migration to the new forum system. Also I can't upload.

BTW, I lost the version 0.5. I have the executable of the version 0.4 and source code version 0.2. If you have anything (executable or source code) then contact me please.

Edit: I found all executables, and I can upload, so I attached versions 0.4 and 0.5. I am missing the source code though...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; September 3, 2010, 22:58.

Comment

Working...
                            X