Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

event triggers in the Midgard scenario ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• event triggers in the Midgard scenario ?

Can anyone tell me what tasks need to be accomplished to trigger the various events in the Midgard scenario which came with Civ II: ToT ?

The events I know of are:
    Bribe the Tree prince
    Destroy the city of Rot
    Kill the dragon in the far north
    Destroy the Unspeakable Horror in the underworld
    Reach the island of giant plants
    Build Brian's expedition
    Destroy the dragon in the underworld
    Bribe the Frost Giant

What else do I need to do to achieve the Bifrost advance ? The scenario file mentions something happening that is tied to the creation of the Jack-O-Lantern unit, but I don't understand enough of the scenario programming language to understand exactly what triggers it. Any help would be much appreciated.

There are 3 ways to win the Midgard scenario:

1) Research Hanging from Yggdrasil tech, then find Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge to the Gods, and they will defeat Volsang for you.

2) Research the advances needed to build the seige engine (spaceship).

3) Complete the 10 major quests (very hard): Flytrap Island, Elder Dragon in the Surface World, The Unspeakable Horror in Jormungands's Belly, The Great Worm, Frost Giant, Dwarf King's Treasure, Jack O'lantern, Brian's Expedition, Elder Gragon in the Underground Labyrinth, and Rot.

All this is from the Prima strategy guide, I haven't looked at the events in any detail. Good luck.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Do they use different pics in the DLL's for the siege engine (i.e. not a spaceship)? Never checked myself.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Yes, there are three sets: original, fantasy and sci-fi.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
        X