ToT scenario n00bie need helpie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT scenario n00bie need helpie

I have been making a ToT scenario with an earth map and an alien planet (alpha centauri) and possibly more maps to come.... I want to make an event that will enable the technology ( for all civs ) for teleporters to/from the alien world when somebody lands a spaceship there...

Is this possible? Maybe someones done something like this in their own scenario? Ive tired but its kinda confusing... I understand about tech groups and enabling one tech enables all the group. Ive got the correct tech for teleporters into a group that is 'steal only'. Only problem is it stays that way after the spaceship lands no matter what triggers i try . The only thing that seems to work is giving the tech directly to the player that lands, but then only they get it. I want all civs to get it, so there is a chance of some competiton for land on the new planet (even tho the AI seems uninterested in teleporters )

Ive been using the event from the expanded original game, that gives extra settlers and marines on AC when the spaceship arrives. I was wondering, would it be possible for this trigger to be preserved somehow and activate for each civ as they launch their spaceships, even if they werent the first??

Ok, thanks for reading this, and thanks for any advice.....

Ps I using ToT with last patch to come out...

I suggest you should ask that question on the ScenarioLeague/Civ2 creation forum. I believe people like techumseh must be able to answer this.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I can answer it here just as well. Have you got the manual?

Use the events trigger "AlphaCentauriArrival" with the parameters "race=" and "size=" where race is the civ that launches the space ship and size is the exact size of the spaceship engine (AnySize is the wildcard).

The action which changes the transport ability of a particular type of unit is Transport. State controls the new setting for the specified transport ability. On or Set enables the ability, Off or Clear disables it.
      Mode determines which of the 3 types of transport ability you want to change: Use, Build, or Native.

Use means that that type of unit can use an existing transporter. Build means that, if it's a settler or engineer, it can build the specific transporter type, and Native means the unit can move between the specified worlds without using a transporter.

Type refers to one of 16 tranporter relationships (0-15) defined in the rules text. This bit is kind of tricky and it's best to refer to the tips on the Cradle of Civilization site, here: http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/index.shtml
      Three tips are useful: Getting Civilize2 and @Leaders2 to work for you, by Darth Veda, Using @Civilize2 and @Leaders2 by Cam Hills and William Keenan, and Map Transport Relations by William Keenan.

So your event might look like this:

@IF
      AlphaCentauriArrival
      race=anybody
      size=4
      @THEN
      Transport
      unit=anyunit
      state=On
      mode=Use
      type=0
      @ENDIF

Hope this helps.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

You should also look for a macro.txt on your ToT CD.
        It's useful to know the complete ToT macro language.

Comment

Thanks very much for the replies, I am reading through that site, looks like it has lots of info. I found the macro txt also, i will give that a read through.

Its kinda confusing to begin with... im used to things like the starcraft triggers system which is more idiot proof!

I meant to say earlier, ive got a unit that can build teleports, a futuristic contructor robot thing. I was trying to make the tech for the unit itself become researchable when the spaceship lands, with the unit always able to build teleporters, but i might change this now...

Thanks again for the info

Hopefully i can sort this out now and make the best scenario ever!!!
          Last edited by Daftpanzer; November 6, 2002, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
          X