No announcement yet.

9 tile Planets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kobayashi, it might also interest you to learn that there's a Stargate scenario on the website that Thoddy posted. It'd serve as the perfect example of what not to make your scenario like.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
      Don't know what you mean? Sacrifice 9 terrains to make another planet type?

I think four planet types as I mentioned above is roughly the max. Besides, I'll be needing various terains for things like moons, wormholes, galactic barriers etc for the project the planets are intended for.
      You can sacrifice four terrains to make another 4 tile planet, and use the rest for moons etc. Of course not, when you already planned to use those terrain otherwise...Ok, maybe this wasn´t that helpful...
      Blah

Comment

You can get my wing commander scenario from civfanatics. It doesn't have the same graphics from above but I do have a wormhole/jump-point style graphics in the pack that are similar to to above photos.

Comment

More technical infos on this stuff?
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus
            More technical infos on this stuff?
            Which stuff? If you mean how to do the 9 tile planet, see this article I wrote last year.

it only describes the four tiled terrain but its basically the same idea.
            This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Grazie, Koby!
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Finally got the fourth planet. It consists of four river mouths, a river on swamp, one each of mt, hill, forest and swamp. (i.e. its only got 5 tiles - a low resource food planet, but I intend to make swamp have high minerals and money to compensate)
                Attached Files
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Just think, in ToT those planets would be in 24-bit beauty.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. Has anyone ever tried exploiting the different coastline designs to make planets *slightly* larger in appearance? Obviously you'd have to have a very generic atmosphere effect surrounding the worlds, but it might have limited applications.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I tried modifying the coast graphics and it is very painstaking (with them being split intwo two...) if you arwe doing more than just altering to create another normal coast...

they could be used to create a sort of 'atmosphere' around the planets also... but it would also show up in the moons
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

link to the demo set for the 4 giant planet set.

Comment

Working...
                        X