No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more note: from a position of The Immortal I talk against the Agamemnon's warlike ideas, but from a position of ST the Player I say "do anything and enjoy it!"
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• So it seems the game is really dead?
      Shall we start to reveal and comment the history?

Comment

• Has no one else commented on Persia? I gave my OK to Zeddess/micheele a month ago...
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I didn't expect an agreement was awaited. Of course I agree Michelle plays Persia.

Comment

• Celebrating the holidays and going through the process of building a new home has kept me occupied lately.

I think Micheele would still be interested in playing, and I certainly would like the opportunity to continue.
            However, I havn't recieved responses from emails sent to Kull or Kengal so I am not sure if they intend to continue as well.

So where we stand is Babylon just finnished thier turn and now it is Persia's turn?

ST:
            My "Knife in the ground" comment was a metaphore for the effects of your turn.
            I myself took your warning as a reminder that the available spots were filling up and that city planning should be a priority. I would have never guessed that anyone would plan on building 30 cities in one turn.

To me it was a bit like having a psychic warn you that in the future you may get robbed, then the psychic robs you.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Oh, building a new home? Cool!

I've been quite busy lately, too. First, I met this really wonderful woman out in CA.

I got a plane ticket from Santa to visit her in the San Francisco Bay area.

Last week, my stepmom died. She'd been in the nursing home with Alzheimers for the last 2½ years. We felt she wouldn't last more than a few more months but she suddenly went downhill Mon and Tue, and passed in the wee hours Wed, 19 Dec.

Other than poor timing for last minute travels, we're thankful she didn't wither away for months on a feeding tube and all that.
              Attached Files
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow, I am taking concern in your affairs.
                But nothing interesting happens with me.

Comment

• Never underestimate the power of prayer, my friend.

Comment

• Well, it seems that this PBEM is finally dead. I was wrong at the start when I said that this was the wrong scenario for a PBEM. It has to be the longest one ever.

Congratulations to all participants for an excellent and interesting game. As an outsider, I've followed it since the start, and it's been very entertaining. Thank you all.
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• It is not sure yet. The "continue from Babylonian turn" game might go on.

Originally posted by Zedd
                      I think Micheele would still be interested in playing, and I certainly would like the opportunity to continue.
                      However, I havn't recieved responses from emails sent to Kull or Kengal so I am not sure if they intend to continue as well.
                      Kengel said he was ready to continue (here and by e-mail).
                      It sounds only Kull is "dead" (I hope not really) - no posting here and I have heard also his e-mail is dead.

So only Egypt misses a player.
                      We can wait for a new player (low chance ) or somebody of us can control 2 civs. Kengel refused it mainly because it would be too laborious for him. I think Straybow shouldn't do it because his alliance would be too strong, and an alliance Bab+Egypt would be against the historic development (and also too strong).
                      Zedd?

Originally posted by Zedd So where we stand is Babylon just finnished thier turn and now it is Persia's turn?
                      No, it is Egyptian turn now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

We can wait for a new player (low chance )
                        here i am

Comment

• I hope others will wake up

In fact there are two new players - you and Zeddess (Michelle). Zeddess accepted to take Persia several moths ago, but didn't start to play yet. So maybe you can talk with Zeddess how to select the civs (Egypt and Persia).

Persia has more cities and so is more laborious.

Comment

• i want egypt

zeddess wake up ! ;D

Comment

• Woohoo, I am now engaged! I tried to hook up with the Zeddmeister in Atlanta when Jodie flew in to meet more of my friends, but our paths didn't cross.

I'm in the midst of a hectic move to California but I'd still like to play.

Comment

• Oh, and welcome, n00b!

Comment

Working...
                                X