No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should know what to ask from Zeddess: to play Persia regularly? or to prepare Persia for a freeze (deliver caravans, and not to exchange new ones)?

So IMO before the next Persian turn we should agree on a long-term procedure (a freeze, or one of us takes control of Persia etc.).
    So far I heard only few your opinions.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Is there a chance she would start to like PBEM if she were asked for a full play? Maybe we should try...

Comment

• PBEM isn't any problem, she is mainly a 'Hard and fast' player in SP so she doesn't really build large trade networks use growth strategies like we may.

Basicly She puts the city where it looks nice and makes the people happy while building defenses to wipe out other AI.

So she would be a bit new to making treaties between human players and to the differences in trade and territory assignments. But honestly.....she couldn't be any harder to teach than I was.
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Minoan waters have been shallow lately and the freshwater among the isles is depleted but the people are in good spirits and we have faith in Neptunes rule over the sea winds.

Some wayward Hitite caravans have once again found thier path with the aid of the kindly Egyptians. Our transport ships left them along the shores with ample food and great hopes for making thier destination.

Despite the lack of fresh water, grain has been growing tall and thick, and food is plentiful inside the minoan cities. Coupled with the steady supply of wine our people are finding ways to quench thier thirsts. We expect more growth over the next days.

Khania is a shining example of this growth, Size5 with 21 base arrows, and expected to reach 7 and 27 arrows in the next two cycles, perhaps a new trade destination for Greek Caravans?????
          Attached Files
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• The Zeddess will be required to register (with the permission of the Great and Terrible Ming after giving assurances of her actual identity), suffer a DL dance or two for initiation, etc.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• No Ctrl-N!
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• unpredictability

Originally posted by Kull
                Perhaps there is another option. If Zedd were willing to swap the Minoans for Persia, then all the human players would be Land-based powers. We could then pass a "law" which states that henceforth the Minoans are to be considered "at war" with all other powers in the game. Furthermore, we could forbid the conquest of any Minoan cities, and even invasion of their islands.
                ...this way we'd have a permanent mechanism for operating with one less human player, while at the same time adding a level of unpredictability that has been sorely lacking since the anticipated Wrath Hordes failed to materialize.
                Unpredictability is a good thing (although I rate continuity higher), maybe we could start to talk again about Barbarian Wrath (IIRC Peaster was one of the most opposing people).
                (I prefer no-wrath over wrath (because of continutity), but this point is not very important for me.)
                Last edited by SlowThinker; October 29, 2007, 12:48.

Comment

• Well, I wasn't so keen on the idea either, in part due to continuity.

Zedd sent me a Ctrl-N'd save, and I'm playing now.

Comment

• A relatively slow cycle for the Hittite economy. This time the augury for our Wine caravans show passage through Egypt should be trouble free. Libations are offered to Poseidon for safe passage aboard Minoan vessels.

(We're a bit puzzled by Lycastus' mention of a god "Neptune," but then again we've yet to decode Minoan Linear A.)

Rumors are spreading of court intrigue in Persia. Hawks have responded with demands for raising an army. The Consul and Ministers have exerted every pressure on the Senate to refrain from such hasty action.

Most interesting of rumors is that a Persian Princess once courted by the Minoan King has abruptly left Crete to return to her homeland to end the chaos.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry, I am too tired now, I will finish it tomorrow.

Comment

• Slow says he can't get to Apolyton for some reason. (Oddly, I couldn't get to Apolyton last night.)
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Poly says there are some problems with my e-mail (but it works...), and I can't post.
                          I remembered I created a DL in 2000, when Poly had problems and many accounts were blocked. So I am logged as Slow_Thinker now.

Comment

• Bab 2330

This cycle was mainly about a new wonder (one) and new cities (more):

Finally we know why Ceylon's citizens were astonished recently. The Temple of Salomon has been erected. Now Ceylon got among 5 most famous cities in the world.

Babylon encoutered a series of public disturbances in past and a last one in Larak this cycle. Babylonian Intelligence service reports these riots were incited by some traders who were dissatisfied with Babylonian trade politics, which seemed not to be effective enough, especially if compared to the Hittite one.
                            Yesterday The Trade Fashion was hushed completely: the Babylonian government published a fascinating Plan Of Regional Development and showed recent achievements in construction of new settlements (that pushed up Babylon from 4th place in MfGoods production to 3rd place). Now the Many-Cities-Strategy may be joined with the Large-City-Strategy.
                            In a long-term view (after most Babylonian cities become very large) the Babylonian economy and trade revenues should easily surpass the Hittite ones.

Comment

• ZoundsOMyGodWhatTheHeckYouCityHoggingRatfink!!!11! !!

Comment

• I loaded up the download, and noticed a Babylonian unit moving as my turn started. Might want to check for a missing Ctrl-N before I start playing.
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X