No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose you exchanged maps with Minoans?
    So...
    * You see the purple vans in the Minoan save. You apply the barter and the vans remain visible on your map (they get white). You start your turn and the vans dissapear.
    * If you don't apply the barter then you always see the purple vans.

Am I correct?

I think Lycastus or better Kull could inform you in which saves he sees the vans.
    Or ... I think you may be granted to trespass our home rules and double-click the squares with the invisible vans.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Yes, I busted the rule when they disappeared from the map (note the white van next to them, which is unfrozen) and from the city view screen, so I double-clicked the tile just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.

I didn't get an answer about deliveries to Tyre, so here is a save with no deliveries to Tyre.
      Attached Files
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• And here's another with deliveries to Tyre. Let us know which you play from.
        Attached Files
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• >Yes, I busted the rule...

So this is another CivDip bug but we don't know why it happened. Idea - it might happen during processing of home cities of the vans ...
          (Zedd should move the units so that there is less chance it happens again)

>I didn't get an answer about deliveries to Tyre

I will download hittites_b2340b.net (I sent an e-mail today, did you obtain it?)

Comment

• I got your answer shortly after posting the two versions.

The second time I started my turn with the vans bartered to me, I tried to get a Track Enemy Moves window open so I could see when they vanish. It wouldn't let me open it during turn processing.

Comment

• I don't think they might been attacked by an AI. I guess they could be attacked by Minoans only (in case Zedd forgot to Ctrl-N), and in that case Hitts and Mins would be in war now.
              I guess this is some CivDip bug, can you see the area during the Hittite 2340 city processing phase?
              edit: by an AI
              Last edited by SlowThinker; September 23, 2007, 18:49.

Comment

• Bab 2340

Just headlines from "Babylon Today":

Our folk scouts on horses scoured the desert and the Anatu area in order to find out where the Egyptian "scouts" in a Chariot 2 moved. The C2 withdrew to the Anatu's fort, so the Babylonian people is soothened.
                Our folk Engineers are working hard and preparing other dry up of swamps next cycle.
                Babylon is a real power in Papyrus production.
                Citizens of Ceylon are astonished, the reason is unclear.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Persia

I contacted Elephant personally, because I know he is a micromanager/perfectionist who might enjoy the 50 Persian cities.
                  Maybe you could have another player in mind and contact him?

I also announced in German Civ2 Webring: http://www.civforum.de/showpost.php?...4&postcount=49
                  BTW it seems most PBEM players moved there ... I don't understand this PBEM migration...

Comment

• You guys are truly crazy and obsessive.

Comment

• So join us why don't you?
                      Wizards sixth rule:
                      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                        Kull wrote:
                        >Tin Foil Hat Mode

Straybow wrote:
                        >Subpoena the bank records

Translation for us, weak english speakers, please.

The Kull's post is about atawa I guess? Is it meant seriously or is it a joke?

Tin foil hat => crazy people => conspiracy theory
                        bank records => money/bribery => conspiracy theory

Originally posted by Steve Clark
                        You guys are truly crazy and obsessive.

We need a Persian player.

Comment

• atawa + Minoan unfreeze

Atawa's soul is returning: Could somebody back up my words in
                          Did anybody hear about atawa? please? Otherwise people could think I am crazy.

Yes, I plead guilty I prepared a plan to bribe atawa. But the plan crashed, and I found out it was impossible to bribe the aliens.

Just for the record: Zedd forgot to unfreeze in 2350. I hexedited the Minoan unfreeze and increased the turn by +1 (the original and hexedited barters are attached).
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SlowThinker; October 3, 2007, 18:24.

Comment

• Yeah, the exchange rate between the Euro and the Altairian Xlgnrf is very unfavorable, and they have little interest in Earth-made consumer goods. Other than maple syrup, of course.

Fat chance they'd be interested in anything other than your brain, and likely they've already found the brain they want to study.

Comment

• If I had any strategy in place before, it's now long forgotten. Lots of muddling about under the hot sun. Nasty green-head flies are still as annoying as ever, though.

Oh, anybody planning to deliver caravans to Egyptian cities next turn, please notify me for clearance first as there may be timing issues with the pending creation of Egyptian ones. Also, the Minoan ones in the Delta need to be moved, please.
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I tried email but it bounced:

Great Pharaoh,

Twice our evening auguries of Saturn, governing the ancient land of the Nile, indicated trouble in the Delta. The lots indicate the anger of the gods of the seas should be abated by sacrifice. Therefore we shall have the Minoans conduct our caravans until they have passed Alexandria.

Please send your servants to instruct the merchants where they should move through the delta and encamp on the way to Libya.

Howsit Goin
                                Secretary of Divinations

cc
                                Ministry of Trade

Comment

Working...
                                X