No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree. He may be still üntransmuted, so we should honour the presumption of innocence, at least until he transmutes us.

So the opinions are 1-1 in case of the UFO kidnap, so also others should vote.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I have the save but Hitites keep declaring war on me.

Stray - Should i ignore (and have units relocated by the AI) or should I accept the emmissary and pay the 500g request?
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• We should avoid any teleports. 500g can be easily set right with a barter.

Comment

• My thoughts exactly, But I would like to hear Stray's OK. If he hasn't been able to check in by Sat morning I will play on and post the save with the 500G payment.
          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I announced the missing Persian leader in "Players Needed Thread" at Poly + CivFanatics and in the Seeds #2 thread.

Comment

• I posted a save yesterday but I don't see it, maybe a glitch on my end.

Paid Hitites 500g for peace, I am not sure if this will have affected citizen placement in hittite cities but if there is a way, Straybow should check before playing his turn.
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• Silly me, I was having connectivity problems and didn't realize the turn was played. 'Poly didn't send me a notice of the new posts and my attempted connections kept timing out.

Anyway, yes, always pay for peace because we can easily swap the money back by barter. It's only when they demand other stuff that is a problem.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I was waiting on a response or two and decided to play and post today (rain = no work). Now I get a call for work (last minute trip to Birmingham and back for peanuts, but it's better than no work).

Shall play and post ASAP, possibly late night.
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• From my point of view there is no hurry, since the Persian slot is still missing. IMHO we should wait about 1-2 weeks whether a new leader comes before Persia is Ctrl-Ned again ...

kengel could ask in his (dead?) " Per Sparrowhawk's request: the 7 player PBEM" ?

Comment

• Good, because I got in very late, and then ambushed by events Fri. Just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, hadn't checked mail until now.

Comment

• I have run into a problem. Two Wine vans dropped off on the Egyptian coast (51,75) by Minoans get bartered back to me. Then they disappear when I go through my start of turn (see attached save).

There is no casualty report, no change of status with Egypt (still peace). I am going to d/l Zedd's save again and this time apply only the barter for the two vans. See if the error is systemmatic or just one of those bizarre mysteries.

[edit: corrected coordinates]
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Straybow; September 23, 2007, 16:18.

Comment

• No dice. They still vanish. I will have to leave the vans in Minoan control, and let Zedd move them on his turn.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Minoans barter the vans to you, you apply the barter, but you never see the vans?
                            * Thinking ... is a frozen unit really visible (if not adjacent to your unit/city)? Examining my old maps ... yes, on past maps I see sleeping caravans that have been bartered to Babylon. (maybe ... fortified units may cause a problem ... but this seems unlikely)
                            * Zedd should look if / when the vans dissapeared on the Minoan map.

Comment

• No, the vans are there, white, before I start my turn. They disappear by the time the home city comes up in turn processing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Here is save with barter applied.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X