No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw the Control N thing. Greece is on the clock and if nothing happens in 72 hours, then Minos plays.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I got a message from kengel yesterday, he can accept a Ctrl-N on Greece. But...:
      I will leave for about 3 weeks now, and although I will take my notebook with me, my ability to download/upload the game is unsure, since Montenegro is not wired well.
      In that case kengel would be able to play his turn (IIRC after about 1 week (kengel announced a 4-week holiday, did he?)) and still the game would not be delayed.

But I am concerned about Persia, maybe we will have to search for a new leader??
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Yes, a full week remains of kengel's 4-wk vacation.

Yes, more concerned about atawa (profile says his last post was the 19 July post in this thread).

If Zedd ends up doing a Ctrl-N for Persia there will probably be an unfreeze barter to hex-edit later on. I can send a Gk unfreeze to cover a Ctrl-N for kengel.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• My old 150mhz notebook stopped to work, no chance to play from here.

Comment

• You had a 150mhz notebook that was still working? Wow, that must have been 10 yrs old!

Zedd? Are you here? Administer Ctrl-Ns and go before we all expire of old age.
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I am currently burried in RL work and will have to spend most of the weekend on it. If I can get in civ time i will post ASAP but it may be monday evening before I have anything to post.

If you guys can't wait then either Straybow or Slowthinker could play in my stead with my blessing. It;s been so long since I looked at the save file they may know more about my civ than I do.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Ooops, subbing for allied kingdoms is not allowed.

But we could phone your boss and threaten to eat a kitten if he doesn't back off... Yeah, that would go well.

Okay, plan C. I don't know what is going on in cities but I'll look over your units and make some suggestions as though you were a sub. For your own kingdom.

This post is getting stranger the farther I go. Better quit now while it still makes sense.

Comment

• back again
                  These four weeks in south France were most enjoyable (even without civ ). I like their food, very tasty.
                  I am sorry for that I gave no closer subbing information; the days before I left were very hectically and I just had no more time to post; however, a Ctrl-N would have done no harm to greeks or any other civ (I guess).
                  I was very surprized that the game was not going on, since Atawa is lost somehow cryptically. I hope he is well.
                  So actually we are still waiting for Atawa (or ST till he is back)?

Comment

• I was going to point out that kengel and atawa disappeared at the same time. Was attawa a DL, cleverly implemented years in advance so that kengel could secretly control two civs in a PBeM game?
                    Time for the tin-foil hat.

Comment

• An idea...I just asked Peaster if he can sub Persia...
                      I think you can continue without me (but without Bab turn please ), I sent instructions to all sides.

Comment

• 53 hours of work put in between friday at 9pm and tuesday at 2.30am and I have finnaly completed the work needed.

So now I wonder, do we.......
                        1: Wait to see if Peaster can sub,
                        2: Let Kengal Play his turn,
                        3: Let me play Minoan Turn,
                        4: Bannana...we all took too long and Straybow should ring in the new year.

Obviously op 1 is best but If this can't be acomplished before thursday evening I think Kengal should go ahead and play with a CTRL-N persia.

Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• This is a difficult decision...
                          For practical reasons, I suggest to wait another week till holiday season is over (hopefully seeing Atawa back "to work"; therefore also ST will be back to play the Babylon turn).
                          However, if the other player are fed up with waiting I have no problems with Ctrl-N the Persian turn.

Comment

• I'm not worried. We'll get this game rolling again by and by.

You Eurodudes and your month-long holidays.

Comment

• You Eurodudes and your month-long holidays
                              Two words for you Stray,

Nude Beach
                              Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• I am back.
                                I guessed turns of 3 civs (Grk + Min + Hitt) would last about one week, so I expected you would have moved on and Babylon would be ready now....

Concerning Persia: I think it should be Ctrl-Ned immediately, but I think it should not be Ctrl-Ned many subsequent turns (like in Stephan's era). IMO if atawa doesn't return within a very few weeks (this would happen in case of his very long holiday) then he is lost/dead/kidnapped by UFO and we should search for another Persian leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X