No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or just figure out the cost of rush-buying a new one and hex-edit in the gold for that. No muss, no fuss.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Bab 2360

This is a "normal" save.
      If atawa wishes then hexedit is possible in some next save (yes, the simplest method is just gold or shields added for the lost unit).

edit: I forgot to apply a barter with peace from Persia. I will send a peace barter to atawa tomorrow.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by SlowThinker; June 17, 2007, 16:51.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• A good day for trading. Elsewhere, Babylon continues to harass my lone skirmisher in the desert, forcing it to stay on the very bottom row of map tiles. A Chariot 4 has been dispatched to eliminate the "tramplers of the desert".
        Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramses
          Elsewhere, Babylon continues to harass my lone skirmisher in the desert, forcing it to stay on the very bottom row of map tiles. A Chariot 4 has been dispatched to eliminate the "tramplers of the desert".
          In past the Egyptian tramplers blocked Bab units in Agade several cycles. Babylon didn't dispatch any Chariot against them but patiently waited until they decided to leave.
          Egypt claimed The Desert was free, but once Babylonian units move where Egypt doesn't want them (and far away from any Egyptian city), they have to be eliminated.
          Indeed this would be an exemplary step how to prove "peacefulness" of Egypt and "aggresivity" of Babylon.

Comment

• I'll post my turn tomorrow evening.

Comment

• Playing my turn and I have to remove a road witch leads again to war with Babylon and its allies....

Comment

• Revolution in Persia, part II

The Persian empire has after much deliberation adopted the govermentsystem of Democracy

The withdraw of our troops has almost been completed, reason it took so long is they had to tear down some forts and destroy roads. As they are made with fine Persian craftmanship this took some time.

We too would like to make permanent border with Babylon and are open to any sugestions.
                Attached Files

Comment

• The Babylonian King will create a proposition, but he is busy and he needs a lot of time to think about it...

I am leaving for an unspecified time, but max. two weeks. I won't be able to play from outside, so please wait to me if the Bab turn comes before I return.
                  Last edited by SlowThinker; June 20, 2007, 17:33.

Comment

• Gah. Six days have passed and no Greeks and no Peasteress!

Comment

• Hello.
                      I think the Greek delay is not so serious now, as I may not to be able to return even in two weeks. It looks my absence may be up to three weeks long (= a return around July the 13th). Things are unclear now, but I will very unlikely return before July the 8th.

Comment

• I'm trying to recall if kengel said anything about being gone other than a short trip...

I may be getting a new IP, depending on whether I can get a better deal out of AT&T than my old BellSouth service.
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• My apologies for being such late. I simply had no look at apolyton (busied enough with real life...)

Here is my turn...
                          Enjoy, friends!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Peace in The EAST!
                            All the towns of Minoa are talking about it. And to further ensue joy to the people the city of Vathypetro was founded as close neighbor to Psychro on the coast of Hatta.

Aro-Sijo has built the first Minoan Aquaduct to support the sudden surge in population acompanied by so much wine and :ehem: "Mary-Making" City Planners say Aya-Triadha and Knossos itself will soon follow suit.

Also a new shiping lane has been opened to Egypt, where we hope to further trade with the children of Rha.

The city of Khania has recieved much support from surrounding cities and now boasts 17 base arrows arrows with a population of 4, and will gain 1 new worker and 3 new arrows each of the next two decades. We hope this will be good news to our Greek and Hittite friends and help open trade to our northern cities.
                            Attached Files
                            Wizards sixth rule:
                            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• In celebration of Prince Arnuwanda's election to Consul five new cities. In the previous decade Persia built four new cities and, well, Hatte plans for four cities wouldn't do. Took quite a bit of roadwork and rescheduling of projects to squeeze that final city in.

Egyptian scouts can move N and spot Yazilikaya (originally planned for several turns hence). Greek Ionians have a new neighbor, Hupasiya. It took two MilEngs to road and prep a site near Ancyra for Inandik (one turn before originally scheduled). An Egyptian van will pass by Kultepe, also in the heartlands. Tuzla joins Sirkeli near the mouth of the Seyhan.

Also in keeping-up-with-the-Persians, the Hatte Army perfected Cohort training and regimentation. By contract, this knowledge has been transmitted to Babylon.

We also note that this is the tenth anniversary of the tragic death of Princess Dianna. In her youth she had been the model for sculptors. Married to King Straybow, and then divorced from Straybow after establishment of the Republic.

She was often harassed by graffiti sketch artists hoping to glimpse lurid details of her private life. One fateful night her chariot crashed in a frantic race to elude horsemen from the gossip papyri.

Her driver was reportedly drunk. Others say her involvement with the son of an Assyrian magnate led Hatte security agents to sabotage the chariot. Neither answer holds up. Any good Hatte man should be able to hold three or four skins of wine; besides those chariot horses practically steer themselves. If Hatte assassins wanted a foreigner dead they would have done so without endangering a beloved icon of the Hatte nation.
                              Attached Files
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I am back, but I won't be able to play on Friday...

Comment

Working...
                                X