New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kull
    Persia should launch an all-out gnome assault lasting from turns 2 through 4 and see if Babylon notices. I'll bet he doesn't!

Egypt will help out by sending a devastating wave of two C-1s on a secret spy mission down the Nile to the Horn of Africa, across the Indian Ocean and then up the Persian Gulf to catch Babylon totally off-guard. The unstoppable juggernaut should crest at the walls of Ur in about 2000 years.
    Giggles echo up and down the misty Al Kabir valley. But what's this ? Has the Eye turned back to the West ?

Zedd......?

Comment

• Moved some stuff,
      Built some stuff,
      Now I need an Asprin.
      Attached Files
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I am not home and will be able to play only Thu and Fri morning (GMT), then I will leave for all weekend...
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Message from Press Secretary Tonu Snohu

The Straybow administration announces the founding of a new southern port city, Ugarit. Overlooking the olive groves of the beautiful Orontes valley the location promises to be a first-rate vacation spot.

Private backers are presently negotiating with the Wultu Diskini Corporation about building a Diskini Land resort.

The administration also denies the rumors that Assyrian Storm God Enlil has sent tornados to disrupt the peaceful lives of Hatte citizens in retaliation for our military presence in Mesopotamia.

These are the same people who said the invasion was all about oil. We repeat, the olive groves are not, nor ever have been, a strategic objective in the conquest of Assyria. The external review of Hatte Intelligence Agency confirms that terrain resources were not included in HIA Casus Bellus memos, studies, and presentations before the (then) Royal Court.

Consul Straybow's critics say that is only because Straybow couldn't point out an olive grove on the map, but if that were true it would demolish their own claims.
          Attached Files
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• That post makes me smile.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Bab 2490

Babylonian scouts confirm all gnomes of Al Kabir returned to their holes this year.

To our surprise we found an Egyptian unit in district Agade / region Tutub. Although there is a lot of signs 'district Agade' on the ground, it looks Egyptians ignored them and moved ahead towards the city. They were stopped by our local militia and asked to return immediately.
              Attached Files

Comment

• BTW we are (my save is) about 15 hours late (counting from Persian 2500 turn).

Comment

• My email and teh interwebs service may be interrupted. I didn't get my back pay again and can't put off the interwebs provider much longer...
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Rules corner

There is an important bug described at Civfanatics. It is trade-related:

Originally posted by starlifter at GOTM Techniques, Cheats, Rules & Discussion Thread
                    Originally posted by LordValuna
                    Trade Caravans cheat
                    Producing a commodity trade caravan when only a food caravan is possible
                    For example suppose your city produces
                    (salt), (oil), (gold)
                    and they are in brackets to indicate a trade route has been established (or commodity caravan has been built)
                    Now build another caravan or frieght.
                    When it says build food caravan, Do Nothing, wait until
                    it says confirm [nil] caravan. select [nil]
                    a caravan with the commodity in the first slot (salt in the example) will be produced.
                    You can continue to produce the first slot trade commodity forever
                    My personal opiniojn: as a heavy trader, I'd consider this an unfair advantage to exploit, particularly since the [nil] menu announces itself, and gives you the option to back out of it. If it happens on accident (as if people sit and stare at trade questions for a long time between turns accidently), then just hit reconsider. To use it could, in some circumstances, give a big advantage to those that trade, specifically if a city has no supply goods at the moment, or a highly valuable commodity is repeated when not normally offered.
                    So it gives an advantage to all non-hides (i.e. non-Bab) civilizations.
                    It looks odd but it is not forbidden by our rules. If you think it should be forbidden please give your opinion.
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; October 28, 2006, 20:28.

Comment

• @ST: I think it is a bug and should be forbidden.

@Straybow: Let us know if we can help.

My internet service has been off and on lately, but I've been able to connect every 24 hours, or so - not a big problem for this PBEM so far, except that Peasteress has not been very diligent.

BTW: I assume ST's 15 hour comment was just a mild complaint - not a statement about when the Egyptian clock started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                        BTW: I assume ST's 15 hour comment was just a mild complaint - not a statement about when the Egyptian clock started.
                        No complaint. Yes, a statement about when the Egyptian clock started. But no pressure to Kull.
                        I only think we should register if we are late or not and to catch up delays collectively.

I think this method would be better than Peaster losing all his patience at intervals and sending Ctrl-N files, and Zedd throwing daggers around.

I don't intend to skip player's turns unless there is a danger that we lose the schedule completely (for example a delay several weeks long), and in that case I will complain, warn and menace first.
                        From other point of view I admit any player has a right to enforce the schedule, but please inform us in advance that you intend to do it.
                        Last edited by SlowThinker; October 28, 2006, 16:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                          @ST: I think it is a bug and should be forbidden.

@Straybow: Let us know if we can help.

My internet service has been off and on lately, but I've been able to connect every 24 hours, or so - not a big problem for this PBEM so far, except that Peasteress has not been very diligent.

Well, if we could figure out how to turn SoG200g into USD$200 that'd help alot...

If emails to straybow bounce, send them to fuzzface427 yahoo com and I'll get them from another computer.

The [nil] -> commodity bug should be verbotten!

Psst: Slo, edit the civfanatics quote to make the words being ignored by the html processor show up!

Comment

• edit: understood, corrected.
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; October 28, 2006, 20:29.

Comment

• Oooh, cool! I tried it on an old turn and it works. Gee, I hope I don't suddenly have to go to the bathroom when I start my next turn.

Comment

• "Here's some nude pix of Jessica Alba. Don't look at them."

"Gee, thanks!!"
                                To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                                X