No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >AFAIK ending alliances has never been a big issue in other PBEMs - I don't remember seeing any rules about it, or hearing of problems with it (have you?).

It think most PBEMs work with no rules ...

For pre-nups+honor we don't need any special rule. And IMO every alliance contains an unpronounced pre-nup that people won't attack one another .

And yes, I agree that reputation is an extremely important thing. And an interesting phenomenom.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• We are delayed, I guess my time starts on weekend...

Comment

• Z has one more day... heard from him 2 days ago but nothing since.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Kengel was delayed 3 days IMO, so we must rush a delay.

Comment

• ST - You are saying that Zedd's clock started when Kengel's 72 hours was up ? So, Stray's clock is starting now?

Kengel asked for more time and nobody objected, so I assumed his excuse was accepted (even though it was late, and very brief). Maybe not. But IMO Zedd deserves a clear signal that his clock is running - such as a Ctrl-N by Peasteress or a post by another player.

Comment

• Let's see, looking back kengel req his delay after 72 hrs, so we should count one day already if we're being sticklers.

My time started at 13:46 today. Let the Peasteress do her grim duty.
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow - I am happy to leave this decision to you and ST. If you are agreeing that your clock has started, and you don't intend to wait longer for Zedd, I will ask our High Peasteress to earn her pay, and 'N' the Minoans. But she's at violin lessons right now - thus, not quite sure when we can do it. Probably tonight, or Sat AM at latest.

Comment

• The Ctrl-N is the formal instrument to convey a sense of urgency.

Comment

• OK - BTW, did you want us to N the Minoans (or maybe the Greeks ??). I guess if we N the Minoans, you still don't have to use that save, but at least you'd have the option.

Comment

• Here it is:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Pardon me oh great players as I have had other things to occupy my time than counting the seconds until my turn to appease the CTRL-N gods.

I said from the begining I would work to keep the game moving but I WOULD NOT punch a clock. I will play my turn and post a save but you can feel free to use whatever save you think apropriate. You can also feel free to start recruiting a new player if i am "Slowing you down".
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• 10 hours over due, what a wait!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Attached Files
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd

Pardon me oh great players as I have had other things to occupy my time than counting the seconds until my turn to appease the CTRL-N gods.

I said from the begining I would work to keep the game moving but I WOULD NOT punch a clock. I will play my turn and post a save but you can feel free to use whatever save you think apropriate. You can also feel free to start recruiting a new player if i am "Slowing you down".

Please take no offense, O Zeddicious One. It was a formality to be observed and yet mocked at the same time.

I was fully prepared to wait through Sunday night. The one Slow-ing us down with innumerable missives can't play his turn until after the weekend.

Comment

• Sorry for causing such a storm.
                              You know I consider any CtrlN a serious interference with a natural flow of a game and that it should be avoided (not only on Bab civ )

I wanted to say that we should have in mind we were delayed and we should catch up on it, but not necessarily at Minoan turn.
                              By our rule anybody has a right to enforce the time rule but IMO he should announce it clearly and in advance.

Comment

• The prosperity of major cities under the Republic draws in great numbers of peasants from the towns and villages. The city populations are booming.

The viziers of the Silver Throne believed that another decade would pass before the new tax and trade systems reached the hinterlands, but apparently the high degree of commerce enjoyed under the old Monarchy made transition into Republic seamless.

Just a reminder from MicroHatte™:
                                MCSE™ training for the ruling class of your whole civilization now available for a reasonable fee! Get yours by 2490 to be prepared for the celstial Oedo alignment in 2480.

MicroHatte also holds the licensing on IBM¹ technologies: IronWeapons, Construction, Math, and Bridges. Why research for yourself? If you have a need, we can fill the tech gap.

¹ IBM™ formerly known as Iconion-Balkans-Minoa, Inc.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X