New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivDip bug

I remember in past Peaster wondered why I included maps in one barter... Maybe I am not so sclerotic...

So it looks only maps and treaties are affected by the bug?

I recommend that each barter has its content described in the file name.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinbad
      This is your clarification ? IIRC Babylon badgered Persia at least three times about the meaning of the Tushpa line. Under exactly which conditions would Persia defend it, etc, etc, etc....
      I published the 'minimal land' and I am awaiting your response. I don't understand why you shift our debate to military/war issues. IMO we can composedly live even without firm borders.

I never 'badgered' about meaning of the Tushpa(-Arraphka) line, but about your words about war:
      After Babylon announced her intention to scout (uninhabited) upper Al Kabir (with a single EC) Persia published some unclear war threats. Therefore Babylon asked a clarification.
      The current situation is very different:
      Babylon published 'minimal land' but no war threats and so there is nothing to clarify. But if Persia plans any action in the region and is interested about our reaction then feel free to describe that action and we will answer.

Comment

• I will be out of net completely, returning by Sunday 17, so in worst case I will be able to play on Monday 18.
        If next three civs play fast then Bab turn may come, so please wait for me.

Comment

• In that case there is no rush for kengel.

But it might be nice to know if he got the save and is thinking about playing.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• turn received and played

Enjoy...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Got the save but will probably take all 72 to complete the turn. Faster if possible.

Welcome to the Evo crowd. I love to see some more activity in the civ2 forums. Don't forget about the succession games in the general thread. Fun and quick.
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• A flurry of building activity has taken place in Minoa this decade. Our mighty fleets sail the high seas delivering goods and transfering workers to our newest building sights.

Trade is high with our good neighbors, and some of our more distant friends speak of caravans approaching and demands in thier cities.

Lastly, the people celebrate. Several cities are joyous and spend much time in merryment. The good humor makes for an incrase in productivity and spending.

It is a good time to be Minoan.
                Attached Files
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Couldn't find the right pop-up background

MCSE¹ classes available for a reasonable fee (transportation to and from Hattusas not included).

¹MicroHatte Certified Senatorial Emmissary
                  Attached Files
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Bab 2520

The citizens of Negru protest against the trashy 'minimal land'. And it looks there are many relatifs of Negruans in Kish: Kishians support Negruans very loudly.
                    All the administration in Ur has been accused of an insufficient support of a weal of Babylonian people. It looks the situation must end by huge purges and changes in all Babylonian government.

Again no trade license to Persia has been released. Not only because of the Negro-Kisho pressure, but mainly because Persians hindered that our Z-horseman (equipped by a ZOC-apparatus) inspected a tip of Al Kabir. We also don't understand why Persia needs a C2 near old Nimrud (and Nineveh).
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Not much to report, lazy days under the hot Egyptian sun......
                      Attached Files
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Perisan gnomes deep in the Al Kabir valley continue their secret research on the mythical Chariot V unit, which will reportedly be able to raze Ceylon and return in a single day. Unforutnately the greedy Babylonians have cut off funds for this project. The so-called "Great" Library in Achae has been so useless to Persian science that most of the east wing has been converted to a granary. The west wing continues to hold story-telling sessions on Wednesdays and Saturdays, often about Persian gnomes deep in the Al Kabir.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• No moss growing on you two.

Do you think we're going to fill up the Library overnight? It isn't like we've got Xerox machines yet. We've gotta copy this stuff by hand. Parchment is expensive. Then the proper ablutions aren't free either.

Even after our scholars have copied their scrolls they have to be shipped to the Persian consulate in Ninevah. Never mind the expense, how many caravans travel the roads, willing to take extra cargo? How fast do donkeys and camels go?

Comment

• According to underpaid Persian statisticians:

GL built in 2580 = 6 turns ago.
                            Each King gets a new tech every 3 turns (wild guess).
                            Together, that's about 10 new techs since 2580.
                            Each one has approx 50-50 chance to trigger GL (wild guess).
                            So, we'd expect about 5 techs from GL by now.
                            Except that Persian statisticians are wrong 90% of the time.

Comment

• I shall reveal a great secret: Minoans are studying scary Naval tech. Hittites don't like ships, and there's no overlap.

Comment

• Great Library:
                                Peaster, I think Persia should pay her statisticians better. I don't track old techs, but you likely got all new techs that you should obtain.

But we should have a clear procedure how to deal with the GL:
                                1. If
                                (you are sure you aren't first owner of a tech and Persia doesn't have it)
                                OR (you don't mind the work with CivDip and you don't mind that Persia will get to know you got this tech (although she doesn't have an embasy with you))
                                THEN
                                you can simply send a barter to Persia.

2. Otherwise
                                you should inform me and send a barter for Persia to me. I will find out if the barter shall be passed to Persia or not. If you agree that Sinbad makes YOUR barter(s) himself then you can only inform me.

Comment

Working...
                                X