New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivDip problem

Persians finished the GL in 2580 (this is not a secret, you can see it in the list of Wows). Then a tech was swapped (this may be a secret, so I don't send details), but it looks Persians didn't obtain it.

Originally posted by manual of CIV2 PBEM DIPLOMACY UTILITY 3.0 EDITION
    * Great Library support added: now the program gives to the owner of the Great Library any tech that is owned by two or more civs and is traded via CivDip.
    Maybe it doesn't work? I will ask the leader that received the tech...
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I probably should wait on this before I play my turn, especially since Kengel is not due back for a couple more days. Unless it is something minor that we could fix later... ?

Comment

• I think the GL tech transfer takes place on the holders turn following the transfer. So Peaster should see it when he takes his turn if it works right?
        Wizards sixth rule:
        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• If Civ2Dip support is required, then perhaps Peaster will need to run Civ2Dip Fix to get his tech(s).
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I tested the in-game transfer in our MP-PBEM system already and it works immediately.

I don't think any Fix is needed. IMO the only way how CivDip can manage it is: after any tech handover CivDip should look if there is GL in the world and add the tech to the GL owner.

Comment

• I tested it on a starting position with GL and it looks CivDip doesn't support GL.

So it looks we need a new rule:
              After you accept a tech from a barter you have to make a barter for Persia and to apply it (this way the Persian leader won't get knowledge who is the new owner of the tech; but if you don't mind it you can agree with Persia on different means how to deliver it)

Now I can do it myself.

Any objection?
              Last edited by SlowThinker; July 8, 2006, 07:58.

Comment

• No objection here. I will wait for a new Egyptian save from ST, or other instructions.

Comment

• I edited the 'rule' because you may want to find some less laborious way how to pass a tech to Persia than a new barter.

Comment

• With DipSystem I checked and added all techs that should be added due to GL.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for the help with GL. Not much else to report from Persia this year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I don't think any Fix is needed. IMO the only way how CivDip can manage it is: after any tech handover CivDip should look if there is GL in the world and add the tech to the GL owner.

Did anyone try the Fix option as Persia?
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Straybow: It didn't work for me. But I am not sure I applied the repair correctly [I used egypt's 2570BC.net and persia's 2580bc.net].

Comment

• rules corner

I have thought about rules a bit:

(a remark)
                            1. GL
                            The GL rule is a new one and people can forget to send techs to Persia. So both civs that paticipate in a tech tranfer via CivDip should care: the donator should ask the acceptor if he didn't forget.

(a proposition of a new rule)
                            2. Ending alliances
                            The current situation is strange: you can hardly end an alliance if the other side doesn't accept. The only way is to bribe a city. It could lead to unnatural techniques if you want to attack an ally: you may want to place an envoy besides a city of your ally, to prevent his envoys to get near your cities, then move your units to strategic positions and to start a war in best moment. The ally can't end the alliance and can watch only.
                            I posted a proposition of a new rule in past but this one was silly. I have a new one now:

Sneak attacks (bribing cities and units) are forbidden in alliances.
                            If you want to cancel an alliance you must declare it one turn in advance (before a turn of your ally). Then your ally is obliged to create a CivDip barter with an offer of end of alliance (=peace) and next turn you are obliged to accept it. (CivDip usage causes units won't be teleported at end of an alliance)

This way the side that cancels an alliance has first opportunity to start a war, but the other side can prepare. So an 'alliance' brings more safety than 'peace'.

(a question)
                            3. Managing cities in MP sessions
                            I would propose to forbid it, since it allows some tricks and hardly anyone is always ready to MP.
                            But you may be accustomed to it(?)...

Corrected english on Straybow's request
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; July 11, 2006, 19:38.

Comment

• Right back in time
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Correction: hardly anyone is always ready to MP. I don't know we need a Rule on that.

* Straybow worries about sneak attack and wonders if he can get his C4 back before ST parks it in front of the Pyramids without permission...

Comment

Working...
                                X