New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowThinker

P.S. Nor Nineveh was sufficient for Persia. Sinbad told me he would grab it himself anytime he want.
    IMO you should not believe anything SlowThinker says - especially with a smiley nearby.

Fact is, Persia has not made loans to Babylon, and has no eyes on Nineveh, nor any other foreign city. We are having some minor diplomatic issues with Babylon and Egypt, over borders and scouting (can you believe it?) but no problems with Hattas.

Comment

• A Merchant in Rhodes invented a new form of purchasing goods. He called it "Visa".

The royal wives were joyous to discover this wonderous new idea and quickly used it to re-decorate the palace and throw a party that lasted nearly 5 days. They also provided several gifts to the island cities.

The merchant later "fell" from one of the royal sails with chains binding his leggs and arms. "Visa" has now been banned in Minoa and the royal treasury should rebound in about........... 100 years.
      Attached Files
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Don't worry, I owe you so much from the war your treasury will be full sooner than I'd like.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Dear King of the Hittites - Never lose sight of what is most important in life (tick-tock).

Comment

• Fear naught, I was at work as you posted...

I desired to try one of the demand-juggling tricks, and it was successful! I'm don't fully understand, but it doesn't worry me at the moment.
            Attached Files
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2580

Esteemed minister Hushmushnak sits on an electric chair a week already. He seems to be a bit nervous. This is not our problem, but we have to feed him and a herd of stingrays.
              So we are awaiting the evidence against Hushmushnak from Egypt.
              Attached Files
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• We realized the operations we announced:
                Our skirmisher investigates two water squares marked by white dots. We also withdrew a horseman from Dibshiya's garrison (this horse has been bought along with Dibshiya) and next we would like to investigate the most western white dot. We don't want to block possible movement of Egyptian units and so we plan not to camp directly on the shore.
                We also withdrew our skirmisher that scanned the construction of a fort at Tell Hariri.

Our horseman investigated a vicinity of the Egyptian farmer in The Desert and he reports the area is free of brigands.
                Attached Files

Comment

• How interesting. The peaceful Babylonians have now marched units within 2 squares of Tell Hariri and have brought a Trireme up within striking distance of our merchant ship.

Minos. With this barter file, Egypt grants you possession of the ship that has been targeted for destruction by Babylon. Note to ST - Please ignore the paint color of the ship, it's not really Egyptian anymore. So if you attack it, you have attacked Crete.

(Note: Just change the file extension from .net to .dat)
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Try it again.....
                    Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• And the game....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Babylon congratulates Egypt for the completion of Slave Labor System.

Babylon built two more electric chairs: Minister Hushmushnak, general Nautilak and general Albrechtuk sit on them:
                        You know the case of the minister Husmushnak already.
                        General Albrechtuk, commander of the Babylonian land armies, claims there is no Bab unit 2 squares from Tell Hariri. He says the nearest Babylonian unit is a group of skirmishers 3 squares from the city. He swears these skirmishers cannot fly over water and would need 3 years of marching in order to 'hit' Tell Hariri.
                        General Nautilak swears Babylonian trireme can move 4 miles only and so it stays out of striking distance from the Egyptian-Minoan Merchant ship. He supports his words by a map.
                        We are awaiting the evidence from Egypt impatiently. Advocates of our accused state their clients will require Babylonian court pays a compensation for bruised backsides.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Greetings, kings,
                          I have to say that the greek leader Agamemnon Kengel will be away for two weeks, starting on 24.6., and return on 8.7.
                          Anyone to sub me is welcomed, else just Ctrl-N the greek...

Comment

• Recently RobRoy complained he would need a better info about your plans, and he threatened to reorganize and replace your cities next time

Comment

• He must remember to announce name changes in the thread.

Comment

• Not to put words in Rameses' mouth, but I think he meant that Bab units moved to within 2 tiles of Tel H.

Comment

Working...
                                X