X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hittites offer information on the winning bid for a mere 10g
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

And if Sinbad pushes his nose in my affairs again I will send some C4s to Ecbatana.

Edit: Straybow??
      Last edited by SlowThinker; February 4, 2006, 16:14.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
        Hittites offer information on the winning bid for a mere 10g
        Check is in the mail!!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Here'd the info
          Spoiler:
          Yes, there was a winning bid.

Hey, I didn't say how much information I would sell for 10g.
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            Hey, I didn't say how much information I would sell for 10g.
            Here's your payment:

gggggggggg

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Tick... Tock...

Comment

• Gahhh! For a minute there I was thinking..."you IDIOT! It's your turn to play after Zedd!!....and then I realized he was playing as Minos......sooooooo.

Straybow! If you are waiting for La Fayette to play....he just did!!

Comment

• I'm alive but missed a chance for a necessary MP swap

/me looks for a way to blame Skanky

Comment

• The Nineveh was won by Hittites for 1000 gold. There will be 10 payments by 100 gooool...

Traitor!!!

Comment

• Straybow and Zedd - Nothing personal, but these 12 and 6 days delays are pretty annoying, especially with no progress reports. Our rules require you to explain your problem and ask for an extension if you need more than 72 hours.

It appears these recent delays are mostly about MP sessions, which add little to the game. I propose that we disallow those in the future.

ST - Please Ctrl-N and play on!!

Comment

• We need to allow MP unit swaps because they solve the problem with foreign units with no shield support (after a CivDip swap).
                        But this is the only case where a MP swap is needed so I think it can be done very rarely. Straybow, if you have a problem with establishing a MP then simply postpone it to mext turn. Nobody will complain if you save one or two shields this way.

I posted in the 7-player PBEM about exchanging Ctrl-N.
                        IMO we must be able to enforce our rules or change the time limit or close the game...

Comment

• I will post my turn this evening. I'll only wait a few hours to see if Zedd can get it done now.

Comment

• Around the mighty walls of Ninevah, thousands of horses and Persian charioteers lay rotting in the sun. Their sacrifice for the alliance will be long remembered in song.

The Hattusas Heavy Chariots Regiment file past the Egyptian company watching from the roadside. Their captain reins in his steeds and returns the salute of General Mekret. "Pray for our souls, for many shall perish ere the elite Palace Guards fall."

Hour after hour, brave charioteers dash obliquely towards the city walls. They briefly come into range, loose their arrows, and turn their steeds just enough to retreat from the hail of arrows sent to meet them. Some are not fast enough.

Tens fall with each charge, hundreds every hour, until at last only those too wounded to stand or draw the bow remain. The captain's still body cannot return Mekret's salute as the survivors haul the fallen officers to the Hittite encampment by Nisibin.

Wild and hardy charioteers from Ortakoy thunder up the road past the Egyptian company, undaunted by the demise of their comrades. Their captain pulls up before the great general and salutes. "Pray for our souls, for many shall perish this day. The survivors tell us the defenders' volleys have become quite thin. Mayhap we shall overwhelm the last of the Guards."

The volleys are thinned, but they take their toll. Still, the captain's hopes prove true. Half his men are dead or incapacitated when a lone company of Palace Guards salley forth from the Azure Gate and form a shield wall. They fight fanatically as the chariots charge from all angles, the last few given the honor of death in hand to hand combat.

The bowstrings are silent, the spears lay broken on the ground. No shouted orders come from the towers, only the wailing of mourners drifting over the walls reach the ears of those outside the city.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Ye long awaited update...
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                                We need to allow MP unit swaps because they solve the problem with foreign units with no shield support (after a CivDip swap).
                                IMO long delays are hurting our game much more than shield support issues. MP sessions can remain legal, but they are not acceptable reasons to stop the game.

I posted in the 7-player PBEM about exchanging Ctrl-N.
                                IMO we must be able to enforce our rules or change the time limit or close the game...
                                Good, I hope we get an answer. IMO we must enforce our rules, probably by ourselves. The Ctrl-N method is a little harsh, but AFAIK no alternatives have been proposed... maybe a daily "fine" would work? But if we can find a referee, or sub, then they can solve this problem more easily.

For now, I believe our current rules allow the next player(s) to Ctrl-N after 72 hours, and clearly we have to DO it once in a while. For starters, I intend to play Persia 2670 by Feb 18, etc. Sorry if this puts undue pressure on Kull.

Comment

Working...
                                X