No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zedd, you should remember: first work, only then entertainment!
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• It has been a while. I'll send Zedd a PM, and Egypt will play if there's no response within 24 hours.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Yes, promotion and move, w00t! But perhaps it is taking up all your free time.

I imagine there isn't too much work for Assyria to do. Can we have Sparrowhawk do it?
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
          Yes, promotion and move, w00t!
          Noo, Kingdom first, then entertainment. You can promote anytime you want, can't you?

Comment

• Not sure whether to laugh or cry .

Originally posted by Straybow
            I imagine there isn't too much work for Assyria to do. Can we have Sparrowhawk do it?
            Yes you can ask and Peaster did ask. I got the PM and looked for my disk (realizing that there was no way it would be in my cd rom drive, I haven't played Civ in quite a while ....see the other PBEM thread for details). However I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't play as a result. Then I got the bright idea to actually check the drive and there it was (apparently I don't use my cd rom for much else either).

Anyway, I got the game downloaded and tried to start it, and Zedd has passworded Assyria so I can't play. (I did have passwords for both Persia and Egypt.......and still do if they haven't been changed since I last control N'd them) but I don't have the password for New Assyria.

Sorry guys, not sure I can help here

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Assyrian Devastation on the Euphrates

After a brief respite in Balata, General Mekret drove his chariot army south along the Euphrates, until at last scouts returned and announced that the great Assyrian City of Suri lay only a days march away.

One of the oldest cities in the world, Suri is huge and well protected by a large garrison and towering mud brick walls. A mass chariot charge into these defenses would result in heavy casualties, so Mekret decided to explore other options. News had been pouring in for weeks of one Grand Alliance victory after another - including the latest, almost incomprehensible tale of Hittite chariots driving up to the very walls of Nineveh itself! The days of the Assyrian Empire were clearly numbered, so perhaps the citizens of Suri might be persuaded to transfer their allegiance to a new ruler.

That afternoon, a lone Egyptian Chariot rolled up to the gates of Suri bearing a small dark man in a shimmering purple robe. Pharoah's emissary was granted admittance, and after a short negotiation with the nervous, sweating city governor, the renamed City of Mari became the newest jewel in the Crown of Egypt. And glimmering in the heart of this gem lay a veritable Wonder of the World, the fabulous Hanging Gardens! The tales of this edifice barely suffice to describe it's true magnificence, and the news of it's capture sparked joy and celebrations in every corner of Pharoah's Land.

Of course, all that was of no account to General Mekret. Immediately upon taking control of Suri, scouts were dispatched in search of the Assyrian Army. Those who traveled north soon discovered Hittite forces in control of the City of Nisibin. Once again, Egypt's alliance brethren were protecting her flank! But the news from the southeast was entirely different. Not only had the Assyrian city of Tel-Hariri been discovered , more important still - it had no wall! The bloodless victory in Suri was great for Egypt, but it left Mekret and his men chafing at the bit. For them, cities are for sacking, with all the marvelous raping and pillaging that goes with it! And here were ripe pickings indeed - a large city without walls and no natural terrain defenses. The strength and composition of her garrison were unknown, but otherwise Tel-Hariri seemed a perfect target for the lead elements of Mekret's Chariot army - a few underpowered Chariot 1's and 2's.

Racing down the road from Suri, Mekret's veteran Chariot 2's obliterated Tel-Hariri's lone defense, a single hapless unit of spearmen. By day's end the city was aflame, the last Assyrian soldiers had been slain, and mobs of Egyptian charioteers rioted through the streets. As for General Mekret, he stood high atop the governor's palace, sipping wine and savoring the acrid smell of smoke and the moans and screams of once haughty high-born Assyrian women.
              Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I think Kings should check if their civs weren't damaged by a missing Ctrl-N.
                But Babylon is intact, so others should be too.

Comment

• I did not notice anything odd in Persia and started my turn already. The AI moved some Assyrian units - and not in a completely stupid manner. In order not to bias the Kings' decision, I prefer not to say more for now.

If nobody asks me to stop play by tonight, I will finish and post the Persian save.

Comment

• I see nothing out of the ordinary.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                      I think Kings should check if their civs weren't damaged by a missing Ctrl-N.
                      Ooops! I forgot to do that myself! If it's not too late (Peaster?), here's the Control-N'd Egypt save game:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I am done with my turn, but out of respect for the Conqueror of the Gardens, I will replay. The turn involved a little combat, but I can probably re-create the results pretty easily. Again, if anyone objects, please speak up now!

Comment

• If your turn is already complete, then it's too late. The consequences of the forgotten Control-N shouldn't be that bad, and besides it was my mistake.

Comment

• Peaster, could you look where your password was lost exactly? If there is a bug that steals passwords we can use it next turn (if Zedd does another promotion).

Comment

• I have replayed and am posting the new save, which includes the Ctrl-N by Egypt.

Persian report: Modern Assyrian chariots burst out of Nineveh, attacking anyone in sight, seemingly without any order. Three Persian scouting units were killed on the mountain road between Nineveh and Tushpa before we could fight back. But finally our veterans (our heroic C2) defeated the worst of the lot (a C3). Another enemy chariot was spotted in the forest, and we hope the Babylonians can dispatch that one very soon.

ST: I guess this bug only eats Persian passwords.

Zedd: If you are fed up with playing Assyria, I certainly don't blame you. Thanks again for taking over, and for playing out a desperate position so many turns.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Now that Assyria has been reduced to Nineveh...and with Zedd's interest in this game clearly waning....it might be time for the Alliance to make him the offer we've been discussing. Yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X