No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also strongly hope that La F will return, but since he has been gone for approx a month already, we can't expect him to play his 2720 BC turn soon. IMO we should advertise for a temporary sub (or ask Straybow to play 2 civs). Opinions on this ?

@Sparrowhawk: I asked if you could play the Minoans and thought you could do it (at least another turn or two) based on your PM:

"RE: sub needed.

I can and would like to, just have been a little busy lately, sorry!! It doesn't take long to do. I just need to sit down and do it. Hopefully this evening."

So, now I am a little confused. I guess I'd prefer a Ctrl-N over waiting. But if you could take a few minutes to play - eg make any obvious and necessary adjustments to the Minoan position - that would be better. As always, thanks for your help.

PS - Florida is about to be hit by yet another hurricane, so I may be out for a few days.

Comment

• >or ask Straybow to play 2 civs
      This option would require an agreement of Zedd.
      In past germanos objected it.

Last turn SH bribed Iatana (Zedd, it was me who reminded him this intention of LF) and I supposed SH was prepared to provide some basic work for Minoan empire again.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
        I also strongly hope that La F will return, but since he has been gone for approx a month already, we can't expect him to play his 2720 BC turn soon. IMO we should advertise for a temporary sub (or ask Straybow to play 2 civs). Opinions on this ?

@Sparrowhawk: I asked if you could play the Minoans and thought you could do it (at least another turn or two) based on your PM:

"RE: sub needed.

I can and would like to, just have been a little busy lately, sorry!! It doesn't take long to do. I just need to sit down and do it. Hopefully this evening."

So, now I am a little confused. I guess I'd prefer a Ctrl-N over waiting. But if you could take a few minutes to play - eg make any obvious and necessary adjustments to the Minoan position - that would be better. As always, thanks for your help.

PS - Florida is about to be hit by yet another hurricane, so I may be out for a few days.
        You undestood me correctly Peaster, I just thought by your above message that you thought I was taking over for La Fayette and I have no interest in doing that.

I have trouble even doing the control n thing (obviously, it took me how many days just to do this one ).

Anyhow here is the save.

/me
        Attached Files
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
          >or ask Straybow to play 2 civs
          This option would require an agreement of Zedd.
          In past germanos objected it.

I have no problem with it.
          Wizards sixth rule:
          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I may be out of net from tomorrow to monday...

Comment

• Thousands of chariots darken the hills west of Ish-Mandarun. The governor's plea before our Envoy to spare the people of his city a prolonged seige (in exchange for a very comfortable retirement for himself and certain prominent families) demonstrates an unexpected measure of wisdom.
              Attached Files
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• bab 2710

I am busy, so I will be short now. I may be out of the net soon, but I don't know when I will leave exactly and when I will return (at the latest next Friday).

We walked around Nimrud and tried to enter. I have a suspicion we caused that two defending units dissapeared. So Nimrud is empty now. But we didn't enter because a stupid Persian Chariot blocks the river that serves as a route for supplying our armies:

Originally posted by Peaster
                Farther south, a joint venture with Babylon did not go quite as planned, when our messenger was ambushed by an ordure hangover.
                Attached Files

Comment

• I am still alive, thankyouverymuch.

We agree with the Immortal that Persian chariots are rather stupid devices. In the future, we suggest that Babylonian strategical geniuses should deliver their messages to our charioteers instead - preferably before the Persian turn is over.

Zedd to move.

Comment

• sorry for the delay, honestly I forgot the turn order. I will play this evening.
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• A nice surprise is prepared in Nineveh, a trick for those seeking to treat themselves to the assyrian capitol.
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• and as usual, I forgot the save....

Here ya go.
                        Attached Files
                        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

• The Fall of Balata!

With the fall of Ish-Mandaroun to our Hittite allies, the Northern Front is now secure. At long last, the impatient General Mekret was free to open his sealed orders, revealing the next target - a new town rumored to exist somewhere on the banks of the Euphrates, south of Karkemish. Stealing quietly through the desert wastes east of the Orontes, Mekret's hordes fell upon the surprised citizens of Balata like a wolf into the fold! With the city under complete Egyptian control, Mekret's massive chariot army gathers its strength in preparation for the next objective.....

Soon my Persian and Babylonian brothers, the forces of Hatti and Egypt will join with thee beneath the walls of Nineveh!
                          Attached Files
                          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• You guys have the patience of Job! I am very impressed. I was reminded of this when someone in another forum asked about a PBEM game (with Civ4 of course) and I told them about this classic thread.

Steve Clark
                            Steve Clark

Comment

• Steve Clark: Weren't you one of the original players? [I think Miami had a mayor named Steve Clark a few years ago, but IIRC something awful happened to him].

Pharaoh: Persians dream of the day we shall meet under those walls! And it shall not be long.

Immortal One: I waited almost two days for you to correct your barter, but the game must go on!!

Persian report: Persian charioteer of average intelligence drives stupid chariot into the Assyrian city of Nimrud.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X