No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is well. I don't expect to find a great plan for Persia right away, but I think I can post a save within 1-2 days.

May our foreign visitors be enlightened pilgrims who will leave tithes at all our holiest places.

Comment

• The Persians are back!

We will wait a few turns before making any new treaties (hoping for the Return of the King). We apologize deeply if we have unknowingly violated any old ones. During this period, we will honor the old treaties that our good neighbors inform us of.

Best wishes to the Greeks. We made contact, but didn't know the protocol, and didn't deal with the AI.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome Peaster

After a warm welcome from the Persians, our greek expedition moves on to search the border of the world plate, to meet their gods.
        Thanks for that refreshing drink you call "mocca"
        Attached Files

Comment

• Slowthinker asked me in a PM about my opinion if he could get back his lost shields from some turns ago-
          Well, I don't care about this; if this is due to some strange civ2 program interference, he should get his shields back

Comment

• A Minoan skirmisher wandering along the coast of the Sinai, east of Suez canal ( ), met an Egyptian charioteer (stationed (63,81)), who declared war at first sight.
            It is well known that Minoan skirmishers are sissies: the skirmisher went away at once...
            but Minos wishes to stress that he is happy to have made contact with the glorious Egyptian civilization and wishes to have a peaceful relationship with Pharaoh and also nervous Pharaoh's charioteers.
            Attached Files
            Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• kengel, I am sure I didn't ask you I can only guess who was that person.
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                kengel, I am sure I didn't ask you I can only guess who was that person.

To Minoans: I think you should investigate the training program of your soldiers, they appear to piss off everybody they meet. Perhaps they should stop showing off their 'armaments' upon first sight .
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Re: kengel—SlowThinker? Straybow? What's the difference?
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos

To Minoans: I think you should investigate the training program of your soldiers
                    I can't

They have no training program at all
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• I received a PM from Peastor on an issue of rules/etiquette and think it might be beneficial if Slowthinker (or anyone else for that matter) reposted the Game Rules (I would do it, but 30 pages (@50 Posts per page)!!! )

Thanks,
                      /me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I think this post carries most, if not all, rules.
                        I think some still need some votes

No panic though: Peaster will have to abide by these rules in any case

There is maybe some more elsewhere in the thread, but nothing groundbraking.

IMPORTANT: Don't use F11/demographics !!!!
                        (or if you need the stats:
                        save...
                        look...
                        reload.)
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• In addition, I've linked to the same post in post #4 on page 1.

Comment

• warning: there is a newer ruleset than germanos'link:

Comment

• Since kengel agrees with restoration at ... say ... 75% and moreover he suggests to restore Babylonian shields in place of Hittites : I need to know if germanos is satisfied and agrees with restoration.

I yes then I would ask Straybow to contact me before posting his save.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                                Since kengel agrees with restoration at ... say ... 75% and moreover he suggests to restore Babylonian shields in place of Hittites : I need to know if germanos is satisfied and agrees with restoration.

I yes then I would ask Straybow to contact me before posting his save.
                                I'm certainly not satisfied, but as I told earlier, I will not veto.
                                I will tell you what I don't like though:
                                - The issue has been risen to perhaps change production now to a caravan instead of a wonder. Strange. See also Slowthinkers post on that.
                                - In Straybow's initial post, he said that the unit (build by mistake) had hardly moved, yet in the meantime it appears the unit has been keeping moving. (from reading consequetive posts)
                                - It appears that currently the city in question is building neither a caravan nor a wonder.

I do want to make clear that the reason why I have not been in favor of the restoration lies in the fact that the situation has arisen by a combination of a game-glitch AND the failure of Straybow to deal with it competently.
                                The reason I'm lenient lies in the fact that Straybow's own glitch has been caused by the long intervals in between turns.
                                I have warned Straybow that he would have to restore production in a PM, and I told him how to do it by using either LazyCiv3 or CivDip2.
                                At last: I'm a bit troubled that it takes such a long time before the issue can be solved. IIRC we are allready two turns further...

Considering ST's post: what is this 75% thing you are talking about?
                                And for the record: I completely oppose any Babylonian shield restoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X