No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would happily Ctrl-N the turn of Stefan, if somebody tells me how to remove his password.
    I strongly suggest not to overjump without Ctrl-N, since the influence of AI could be too massive
    (not controlable tech exchange with other civs for example).

Comment

• I only know how to remove ALL passwords, not just Stephan's

Alternatively, Sparrowhawk could post Stephan's password here.

Why -o-why is it allways the players who drop out that have their games passworded?

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by kengel

I strongly suggest not to overjump without Ctrl-N, since the influence of AI could be too massive
        (not controlable tech exchange with other civs for example).
        I hadn't thought of that

Oh, and happy fifth anniversary Kengel
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• kengel, you could try this save.
          I changed the following bytes
          39 changes which human player is used
          40 player's map which is used
          41 player's civilization number used
          47 human player played (can be more than one) [binary]
          toggling this byte is great and allows Hotseat mode in FW!!!
          eg. 0110 0100 means: human is playing as civ 1, 2 and 5.
          from Egypt to Greece.

I expected skipped civ would lose production of one turn, but it doesn't (in my artificial testing game). There still may be some problems, but we could try it - anyway you should check your civs carefully.
          Attached Files
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Password for Stefan PM'd to Kengel, hopefully this does not voilate his trust, but under the circumstances, I thought it necessary.

Play on!

Sparrowhawk
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Well, I put my glasses off (I don't see much then, I assure you ), load the turn for Stefan (Sparrowhawk: Thanks for the password- I will keep it discrete),
              pressed what I thought was Ctrl-N, and saved his turn-
              I hope, that's ok with you, Stefan!

So the greek turn went on. Finally, the starving of the greek folk has an end. With last efforts, we build our first granaries, rescuing lots of lives.

That's enough important news for us

Germanos: Thanks for the wishes

Slowthinker: Thanks for your efforts in hexediting the file, but I thought playing the "regular way" might be the better choice.
              And now:
              Roll on guys
              Attached Files

Comment

• "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech

Comment

• New Minoan city founded (at long last) on the western coast of Cyprus

... and an Assyrian chariot not willing to leave the vicinity of Grotta
                  Attached Files
                  Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Have file, will travel!
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Pls hurry, I am leaving after 13 hours.

Comment

• Me done. Me happy.
                        Attached Files
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• News from Asshur reaches the courts of Hattusas. Did not the Empire of the Two Rivers have 15 cities? We have no news of war. Our astrologers have read no portent in the skies. Yet our Emissary saw only 14 governors assembled before the Great King Harsu.

Comment

• I am in a hurry... Coming back around Sept 15th, have a notebook with me and will find an internet-cafe after Straybow's remind.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Oh wise King Straybow II, indeed only fourteen governors are assembled among the Assyrian Throne.
                              The Moabites, living in barren lands on the shores of a dead lake (so salt that no life can survive) have abandoned their settlement. They have wandered off into the desert with their livestock and returned to their nomadic roots.
                              Assyria weeps over the loss of this faithful ally, but yet has only respect for the life these nomads have chosen. These folks and their lands will forever remain guarded by the Assyrian Monarchy.

Celebrations are held in the city of Ekallatte. Merchants have returned from their long voyage north, where they have made good profits in their trade with the Hittite townsfolk. Many offerings have been made to Uraš, God of Trade and Wealth, while plans are being drawn to build him a great Temple.
                              A house for this benevolent deity would be only fitting, as a marvelous palace for the city’s Governor now dominates the hills overlooking the busy central district. The travelers were welcomed in the great Halls, and they have shared their experiences and impressions with the Governor and his advisors and scholars. Notes were taken, and the reports will be studied carefully. Studying the ways of our northern neighbours will surely aid the progress of Assyrian science, the teachers at the school of Scribes assure Assyria’s nobles.

Elsewhere our scouts continue their search for distant lands and cities. Assyria apologizes to the Minoan King, as apparently our scouts annoy him. Our scouts however do not deserve Minos’ wrath, since it is impossible to leave his cities surroundings if they do not know where this city is. Several times now Minoans has claimed our troops refuse to leave their city’s lands, though in all occasions our scouts have left the surroundings right after they noticed a Minoan city was within sight.
                              Oh Minos, perhaps relations can improve with the establishment of some trade between our nations?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Is she a go-er? He said knowingly…

Wink, wink; nudge, nudge…

Comment

Working...
                                X