New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Hopefully your new computer works well for you, I look forward to hearing how it works out, as it seems many people have had troubles running Civ on a faster machine (especially if the new computer has XP, but Good Luck )
    So far, so good (OS=XP). I've downloaded babylon's save, and at least I have full access to it.
    Will play within hours

btw, I believe the word is “infectious”:
    Germanos takes notes
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Right...

Not much news to report.

If for some reason this file is corrupt (although I have no reason to beleive so), Kull can play from Sparrowhawk's save for the Assyrian empire (a few post above this one).
      Attached Files
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• My system slowly degraded in the 2 days since my last post - finally reachging the point where most programs refused to run and even the Start button didn't work.

By then everything had been copied over to a backup drive, so the "Repair WinXP" option didn't completely annihilate me with it's interesting "solution" - the ever so unhelpful "boot-loadup screen-reboot-repeat-ad infinitum-for-eternity" result.

Just got things running again yesterday - so yes, there does seem to be a touch of "dead computer flu" making the rounds!
        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Egyptian road crews, having reached the ruins of Jericho, request that the Assyrian occupants vacate to allow us to pass through (in accordance with prior treaty obligations)
          Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Is it significant that this game is getting so old that the Human Player need to replace their computers to continue playing? Seems most appropoe (no idea of the spelling on that)
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Sparrowhawk

Now that I have transferred most of my 'old' files to my new Puter,
              (old win98 got corrupt, so I could only read in DOS, while I couldn't reinstall without a format. So far, I have only got a few (non-essential) corrupted files, the rest was easily read by XP from the same harddisk)
              it is time to express my HUGE THANKS to Vizier Sparrowhawk for his aid in running my Empire. Without him, Assyria would have definitely be lost

I also express my condolances to Kull, for him having to take the rod in this 'System Crash Relay Run' we are having. Maybe we can make it into an Olympic Venue. (smallest delay in posting the save will win )

To all players I want to note that Sparrowhawk played faithfully to my orders, and that he had reported me back equally faithfully on the results of his moves. I have copied all his moves, and added quite a few more in the occasion he had left the situation unchanged as he had received, since he didn't receive any specific orders for these units or build orders etc. I allready felt I strained Sparrowhawks support for this game with a ten item order list, allthough my Empire requires a much longer one

Sparrowhawk = :king:
              Last edited by germanos; August 9, 2004, 15:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                Egyptian road crews, having reached the ruins of Jericho, request that the Assyrian occupants vacate to allow us to pass through (in accordance with prior treaty obligations)
                Sure
                Please note the offending unit was on [i]sentry[\i] and not fortified. Assyria has no intention to hinder Egyptian movement in Canaän.

Comment

• A personal note from Pharoah: If I was on guard duty in the barren hills of Judea, I too would prefer to hang out in the nearest village!

(glad to hear you were able to bring the old system back to life without too much data loss!)

Comment

• Just a quick note, I sent a PM to Stefan reminding him it was his turn before I left on holidays and he read it the next day so I didn't bother posting the game with a Control N, but as I see he hasn't played I guess I should have (my bad ), but now that I am away from home I have internet access but no Civ access.

Sorry guys
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks Sparrowhawk and enjoy your well deserved holiday

I say: next one in line (Greece I think) plays his turn ASAP, never mind the Ctrl-N.

Comment

• Problem with that is I think giving the AI control of one empire for even one turn will screw up the game for everyone else (1 AI takes control and all AI's change), but that I what I have read here, I don't actually know for certain.

Comment

• I think Kengel could try the Ctrl-N himself. With closed eyes (and some training on his own turn)...?

Or... it should be doable by hexediting (??)
                          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Can we find another volunteer to Ctrl-N Stefan's turn?
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                              Problem with that is I think giving the AI control of one empire for even one turn will screw up the game for everyone else (1 AI takes control and all AI's change), but that I what I have read here, I don't actually know for certain.
                              I'm pretty sure only the players who are skipped are taken over by AI.

Why would the AI take over for Civs who aren't prone to take action anyway?

Comment

• It has been 2 FULL WEEKS since Kull posted his save.

I insist that Kengel plays his turn as soon as possible.

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                                I think Kengel could try the Ctrl-N himself. With closed eyes (and some training on his own turn)...?

Or... it should be doable by hexediting (??)
                                Stephan's save is passworded. Hexediting is probably to bothersome, unless one of us knows how to do such a thing.
                                I strongly object to hexediting if we first have to find somebody who has experience with this.

As far as I am conceirned, Kengels 72 hours have started ticking away.
                                PM to Kengel will be send ASAP

Comment

Working...
                                X