No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Minoan leader has had a long and friendly meeting with the Greek leader. They have finally decided to be allies.

(BTW could someone please tell me when is the next oedo year in this game?)
    Attached Files
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Originally posted by La Fayette
      No comprende compadre
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• I have isolated one of my hardware problems and now some websites (esp Apolyton) are accessible to me again. My old video card had failed and the new one is not as compatible with Win95 as claimed… that was the start of the problems.
        Unfortunately, I still get random crashes from graphics, whatever browser I try.
        Fortunately, extensive testing shows that Civ works fine!
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• PS: If I have calculated the Oedo (turn mod 4 = 3) cycle correctly you needed to revolt in turn 42 (3080?) to establish the new Monarchy in turn 43 (3070?).

That means you need to revolt in turn 46 (3040, if I've understood the scenario correctly with turn zero being 3500).
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
            Fortunately, extensive testing shows that Civ works fine!
            and that pleases me mightily

(BTW your oedo calculations give the same result as mine, which means REVOLUTION in the Minoan islands next turn )

Comment

• Civ2Admin says next oedo is on turn 48, i.e. 3040 B.C.
              I always thought Oedo is
              turn mod 4 = 0
              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowThinker
                Civ2Admin says next oedo is on turn 48, i.e. 3040 B.C.
                oh nooooooooo

Comment

• SlowThinker
                  If 3500BC is turn 1, then 3100BC should be turn 41 and 3040BC would then be turn 47... please, help!

Comment

• I would trust Civ2Admin. It reads internal values from the savefile.
                    BTW I loaded the SP file AE-3500B.scn: Civ2Admin says turn 2, year 3950 B.C.
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; December 24, 2003, 16:25.

Comment

• News of Hittite recovery

Confusion about the calendar arises from the invention of the "zero." Some people begin counting with this number which is not a number. Whichever number system is in use, this is the year which augurs well for the Lord of Distant Isles to end the old ways of rule.

The affliction of the gods encumbering the courts in Hattusas, and spread throughout the realm, has abated. Our punishment for adhering to the old ways of worship, through the Windows of Fivescore less Five, has fallen hard upon us and we have repented.

The King consults with his brothers, one who regards not the great god Sid and worships the Apple, and one who once worshipped but has gone to the mythical lands of Norrath. From their distant travels they have gathered wealth unknown to the King, and have bestowed a boon upon us.

Our workers are busy building roadways again. Various soldiers, horsemen, and charioteers continue their explorations of the lands about us.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• The Assyrian King offeres another dozen of sheep to the gods of Assyria and Hatte to show his gratitute towards them, now that the Hatte King has regained his strenghth and good health.

Originally posted by La Fayette

Notoriously bad in crunching numbers (zero? what the * is the hatte King talking about, oh wise men of Assyria? A number which is not a number? Do the Hatte have knowledge of secrets oblivious to you, oh wise nobles? Or is the Hatte King still somewhat delusional after his long sickbed? Find out at once, oh ignorant ones!), King Mandaru can only remember his line of ancestory (sp?), dating back to the first year of King Yangi, his great-grandfather. Documents related to the crowning of this King carry the strange code bc3200, which meaning eludes us at the moment.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Another point concerning rules

Bribing cities

From the start of this game, there was no special rule against city bribing, therefore it is fully allowed.
                            But I am afraid with city bribing the game would be a little crazy later (And Minoans would be quite defenceless). I know envoy's cost is increased to 50 gold, but I think this is not enough against city bribing.

So I want to propose
                            a) to forbid city bribing completely
                            or
                            b) to forbid city bribing directly from ships (there is some kind of defense if envoys must land first (although expensive), but it is almost impossible to hinder a ship to get to a city (especially in PBEM where you don't see enemy ships that go along your ships) )

Personally I prefer a)
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; December 26, 2003, 13:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by germanos
                              . Documents related to the crowning of this King carry the strange code bc3200, which meaning eludes us at the moment.
                              Unfortunately, I foresee that SlowThinker was right and I am going to wait 40 more years before being crowned (though I am so old already )

Comment

• Yes, 'Poly was unresponsive in the hour after I posted, so I couldn't make my correction. Since it starts in turn 2 instead of turn 1 3050 was the revolt year.

Comment

Working...
                                X