• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• da da di da da da
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

• Tech exchange with the worshipful Minoans have been completed. Poseidon will now immediately complete two ships for easier transport around the mountainous peninsulas.

Btw, I am going on vacation from Saturday March 22 to Thursday March 27. So please take your time between now and then and I will take my turn next Thursday night.
      Attached Files

Comment

• We wonder if the Greeks are interrested in exchanging maps. We would like to point out that the Minoans have a very good map of all the islands in the Egeïan sea so Greeks ships won't sink at sea.
        Attached Files
        Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• The Hittite empire spans in every direction:
          In the Ionian coast to the west, the Minoans are finally encountered.

(Yop, I set my attitude to worshipful, I'll PM you the techs I have availiable, so we can make exchanges. To save time, I'll wait for your answer, offer you what you wish and then post.)

The trade post of Alihisar was founded nearby.

The Lord of Hatussas views a Greek crossing of the Aegean as highly suspect and advises against such a move. We have already established settlements near the coast, and there is no place for others (unless you want to make a deal, Greeks).

To the North, Scouts and Swordsmen reach the Bosporus.
          To the South, Scouts and newly formed Chariots pour into Syria.
          To the East, Scouts come across irrigated fields down the Euphrates. The Assyrians must be nearby...
          I'll post after the Minoans take their pick of Hittite technology. Expecting the Assyrians to be close, I 'll send them a similar PM too, so we can make a deal on the run.
          This may take a while, will you wait for us?
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Originally posted by tanelorn
            To the South, Scouts and newly formed Chariots pour into Syria.
            To the East, Scouts come across irrigated fields down the Euphrates. The Assyrians must be nearby...

Expecting the Assyrians to be close, I 'll send them a similar PM too, so we can make a deal on the run.
            This may take a while, will you wait for us?
            Do you have CivDip 2.0 Tanelorn?

BTW, by reading the thread, you should be able to figure out the techs Assyria posesses...

Oh, and no PM received so far.
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Yes, I do... it is supposed to work even pre-contact, though I 've never tried it, this way.
              Yop hasn't responded yet. In this case I'll post sometime tomorrow.
              Last edited by tanelorn; March 20, 2003, 17:28.

Comment

• nearby
                I hope not too far.
                Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

• Originally posted by tanelorn
                  Yes, I do... it is supposed to work even pre-contact, though I 've never tried it, this way.
                  Yop hasn't responded yet. In this case I'll post sometime tomorrow.
                  I don't think CivDip works pre-contact, which is fine .

You could however send me a PM, as you suggested yourself, and if we reach any sort of agreement, I can do it in my turn.
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Hittite Turn

There's my turn
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry about this seems i dont have as much time as i use to for this. I'll be dropping by probably twice aweek to see if its my turn. (Monday and Saturday)

Heres my turn
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Civfan; March 23, 2003, 11:37.
                      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Originally posted by Civfan
                        Sorry about this seems i dont have as much time as i use to for this. I'll be dropping by probably twice aweek to see if its my turn. (Monday and Saturday)

Heres my turn
                        Well, that should be able to keep you in the game.

But please DO post the right file ! This one is a decade old !

Comment

• done
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• In the city of Harada panic erupted. Hundreds of refugees poured into the city, after they had been driven from their lands by invaders from the north. While working on the irrigated fields on the banks of the Euphrates, Hittite scouts came downstream, and occupied the lands.
                            The garrison of Harada dispatched quickly a sizable force to the intruders, and blocked their passage into the Assyrian Empire. An envoy of the Hittites was received, and friendly relations were established, on the condition the Hittites will return home, and will refrain from occupying the improved fields of Assyrian cities EVER again! An exchange of technology is being discussed.

West of Harada, a fierce battle was fought with villagers in the valley of the Orontes river. Taking heavy casualties, the battle raged for several weeks. Swordsmen mercenaries fought bravely, but when the losses grew to big, they ran away from the battlefield, leaving al weapons and equipment. Skirmishers from Tell Mardich, hardened by previous battles, raced down the river banks, and managed to overcome the defenses, and took many slaves and gold.

More and more slaves become citizens: Nimrud has seen a major population boom. This policy of assimulation is turning out to work very well, and it will continue.

Our scouts in the western desert report they have reached lush hilly lands, and beleive fertile lands may lay behind them.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by germanos; March 24, 2003, 12:48.

Comment

• Skirmisher armies fan out across the great Eastern Desert - known to nomads as "Sinai" - while forces to the west have encountered a fortress city near the Oasis of Siwa. It is heavily defended by a gold-clad priesthood, and Egyptian forces wisely decide to leave it be.....
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• How peaceful it looks...
                                Attached Files
                                Follow the masses!
                                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X