No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I assumed you hadn't bothered with a second city then? Sounds like just let them splatter themselves against your walls. I'm also wondering from whence they came, whether the peninsula-heavy lands of Greece will offer better protection, unless they come right off of the boats.

Comment

They focused against the hittities capital city. They were showing about 9 squares to the right of the capital. I created about 5 cities and lost all but one of them to the barbs. I had one built on a hill and several veteran shirmishers and a wall built. This city to my surprise was destroyed. It was a city of about 3 population. I had uncovered alot of the cities and so recieved a great deal of settlers that i used for new cities and adding to the cities. My capital was a size 5 city. Not bad but it was brutal watching the entire empire go to peices.
      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Originally posted by Civfan
        They focused against the hittities capital city. They were showing about 9 squares to the right of the capital. I created about 5 cities and lost all but one of them to the barbs. I had one built on a hill and several veteran shirmishers and a wall built. This city to my surprise was destroyed. It was a city of about 3 population. I had uncovered alot of the cities and so recieved a great deal of settlers that i used for new cities and adding to the cities. My capital was a size 5 city. Not bad but it was brutal watching the entire empire go to peices.
        Bad news
        We better research some defenders quick
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

If vet skirmishers behind walls on a @%!$# hill can't stop them, what will in the early part of the game (besides Palace Guards)???

Comment

spearmen do a pretty good job if their vetern. I successfully defended one city from the barbarians with spearmen. Discover swordsmen and you cut them down to peices, but beware of the legions they use. Can cause some serious damage. Hey this is a challenging and fun scenario. Being difficult in wraith is what makes it even better. Dont worry everyone since the barbarians appear near my city I'll be the one dealing with them. Unless I lose the capital. Tough chance though!
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Who are we waiting for take their turn?

Comment

read this please

I just discovered a worm had infected my PC.
                you can get rid of it here: http://securityresponse.symantec.com

It's the W32 Bugbear.

Sorry, I don't know if it works itself in the gamefiles I uploaded.

BTW, it's Kull's turn. He will return today he said
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

OK guys I'm Back, and here's the game! I forget to set it for "Wait at end of Turn" on the first go-round, which is too bad since the Random Events generated a Desert Storm - and that would have made somebody's life miserable (probably the guy in Iraq!)
                  Attached Files
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by germanos

Bad news
                    We better research some defenders quick
                    Amen brother! The good news is we have some time until the first Hordes appear - thankfully they hold off for awhile (I forget the number of turns - though it's probably more than 20).

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Upload Worm free

Well that says it all.

Comment

I PM-ed Stefan...

Can we all agree on a 48 hour time limit?? or 36 maybe?
                        Can I have ALL your votes please?
                        (one can always in advance when one is going away for some time)

Comment

48 houres will be enough. You can't expect a PBEM to move always very quick. You're dealing with people from all over the world, who sometimes also have other things to do.
                          Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

Normally 48 hours would be fine, but since this game starts so slowly, I suggest a 24 hour limit for the first 20 moves (which gets us to 3000 BC). After that we go to 48 - All in favor?

(Speaking of Stefan......he hasn't posted to any threads on Apolyton since 9/25, so we may have to skip his turn)

Comment

I agree, let me know when I could take my turn.

Comment

Sorry folks... won't happen again
                                Attached Files
                                Follow the masses!
                                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X