No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

germanos, I agree. If I read Stefan's post right, the Hittites/dieogami take his turn, click next turn, save the file and then pass it to civfan for his turn 1 and so on? I know we talked about perhaps 5 turns per turn but that would create an unfair advantage to the Hittites, I think, since you never know that the AI will do in the first 4-5 turns to my and others civ.

Comment

Hittites first turn
      Attached Files

Comment

Game On !

Great, we're rollin',and we have a full house

diegoami, what settings are we playing?
        King or Deity?
        And we are doing the Barbarian Wrath, right?

I hope we can cycle through the first rounds quickly, it shouldn't take us much more then 15 minutes to play for the first 50 rounds or so, so with a little luck we can a round each day

Steve: When you have played your turn, you can also post it here in the thread, as an alternitive of sending it by e-mail.
        You post any significant that happened in your turn here. Especially window-messages that pop up in your turn should be mentioned.
        just reread your post Steve: when you are done with your turn, you press CTRL-N, but NOT 'End Turn' !!
        Save the game and then post it or send it.

If you want to know more about PBEM's, there is a PBEM FAQ at civfanitics in the PBEM section. Everything is basically covered there. There might be a similar section here

And resist the temptation to reload the game if a hut sprouts out a barb

Good luck to us all, and I hope we will meet in-game soon.

P.S.: has Kull been able to download the NO-CD patch yet?
        And may I ask to all of you to check this thread dayly so we can get it moving? I would hate to wait for days if people only have to move 2 units...
        Last edited by germanos; September 29, 2002, 04:15.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

i'll be taking my turn tonight. But question is should i take 50 turns or 20 or 30? Whats the magic number. 50 turns can make unfair balances. Anyways i'll post around 7 hours from now.

laters
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Civfan, could you please play your turn in the 2194-PBEM?
            Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Let's agree first (?)

I actually read that you should set Prince when starting a new PBEM

After this you select the scenario you want to play and/or the settings you prefer, PBEMs are generally played on the "Prince" difficulty level since it wont give bonuses to the civs which are controlled by AI (this means that units belonging to other civs wont get bonuses when one of the human players is playing his turn).

Source :

forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1145635

And btw I did not find any “barbarian” setting , it is set to Raging Hordes by default, barbarians appear in this scenario through events and there are barbarian towns to conquer.

Maybe we should agree on the settings first. Playing Emperor makes perhaps more sense if we choose to enforce the house rule (48 hours) making the AI play if someone fails to post.

Comment

Grr the link again :

I got it from one of Apolyton's forums (What are PBEMs all about ? )
                Attached Files

Comment

diegoami:

Did you read the readme yet that goes with the scenario? It will explain everything about 'Barbarian Wrath', while it also discusses the difficulty levels.

Your reference to the PBEMguide makes sense, but scenario makers tend to have an own will
                  There is definitely some discussion wether Prince or King is the best setting. But it has to do with the AI, and we are not going to have any, since all seven spots are filled. So it remains merely a question of (un)happy citizens...

discuss...
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Oh I See

Barbarian Wrath, Deity level now
                    Attached Files

Comment

Deity?????
                      Nono, make it king please ...
                      Alexandr Yopov, Commander of the Murmansk front in the Red Front democracy game. Fighting for the glory of our marchal and the Rodina.

Comment

I'm happy with it

I hope that we can get it moving, so post your votes folks

Comment

Well let's put it to a vote

Raging Hordes OR Barbarian Wrath (means hordes of 75/80 barbarians !)

Deity OR King

I'd vote King / Barbarian Wrath now

Comment

King with Wrath is fine as well

Comment

king with barbarian wraith. So i'll take my 50 turns starting 10 minutes from now!
                              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I LOADED THE SAVED GAME, ITS IN PRINCE SETTING AND ITS ALSO RAGING HORDES, NOT BARBARIAN WRAITH. EITHER ITS THE WRONG FILE OR THATS WHATS BEEN DECIDED! SO SHOULD I CONTINUE AS IS OR START A NEW GAME?
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X