X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Help

When you consider there's a entire Fantasy and Sci-Fi game to
    go along with the regular Civ game, there would have been more
    strategy guides and/or hints posted for this game...
    I have never found any in all of the Civ sites.. pretty dissapointing.

The problem lies in the relatively small audience. As for me, I can answer some questions when I stumble in here, but I'd never try anything as ambitious as a strategy guide.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      The problem lies in the relatively small audience.
      That's a shame because ToT is a really good game. Check out Curt Siblings Dictator II scenario for ToT at Civfanatics.com.

It's a great WW2 scenario, and one for ToT at that.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

There is a Prima official strategy guide, authored by Dave Ellis and John Possidente. I doubt if it's still in print, but perhaps copies are still available. I think it's quite good, especally for the fantasy game and the Midgard scenario.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I would be more interested in a comparison with "standard" civ2 (2.42 , MGE/FW) in order to be able to adapt strategies a bit. For instance I drool every time I see OCCs where people managed to stay at peace with the AI in the late part of the game. The AI in ToT seems to always want to attack in the end game.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

i do not understand the interest of a strategy guides for civ2 scenarios. one tips/hints guide to help newbies to start a "original" game why not, but still u have understand how the game rules, make your own choices !

"The problem lies in the relatively small audience", yes, that's right, no mapeditor and no "compatibility" with MGE when the games comes... that's unfair, ToT is the best Civilization game ... for scenarios creation

Comment

My problem is mainly about comparisons. Since there are so little ToT comparisons out there, I wonder what the best AC landing is in ToT. Same for OCC. I believe it is harder than 2.42, MGE, etc. but have no proof.
              Same on playing comparison games. I'd like to, but am afraid that the AI will be so pissed off that it cannot compare to other versions.
              As for scenarios, it is a pity we have to convert them, but that can be done. Can conversion of .sav games be done too? I'd like to try a few of the OCC comparison games if I could...
              Now I guess I got off topic a bit here...
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
              X