This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCDARS
    Do edits of these values last? I mean: Are those entries only adjusted or are they recalculated from the scratch when citizens' mood changes?
    If you build a new city that causes an additional unhappiness due to large number of cities, F4 shows the old value. You must go to city screen so that F4 is correct.
    Therefore I suppose values last (and are used by the F4 key) until you examine a city or the Civ2 engine process in the beginning of your turn: I think you cannot change city happiness this way.
    But it should be tested to be sure.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Haven't check this thread in a while.

*About byte 15-14 of units. I think that I stands rigth: it's the 15th byte starting to count from 1 (14 starting to count from 0). Maybe is it the cause of the problems?

*Units destroyed: I'm not sure of the value they get. I don't remember exactly, but the value could depend on the size of the map... Have you checked?

*Cities destroyed: I don't remember quite well... size 0, maybe?

BTW, some discoverments I did about in the technology&units section:

*byte 115-214 These bytes controls if the civilization was the first to discover an advance (00) or not (FF, probably any value but 00). Byte 115th stands for the first tech, 116th stands for the second tech, and so on…

*byte 215-277 These bytes stores the number of active units of each kind. The 215th byte is for the number of settlers, the 216th byte is for the number of engineers… and so on.

*byte 278-340 These bytes stores the number of casualties of each kind of units. The 278th byte is for the number of settlers, the 279th byte is for the number of engineers… and so on.

*byte 341-403 These bytes stores the number of units of each kind that are being produced (I believe). It is computed on-line, so hex-editing this makes no sense

BTW, a very interesting question: where are stored the squares the citiziens are working at?
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Haven't check this thread in a while.
        I am never sure about correct english but for a while should be the right term.

*Units destroyed: I'm not sure of the value they get. I don't remember exactly, but the value could depend on the size of the map... Have you checked?
        You are right. There are also different values.

Interesting discoveries in the technology&units section.

Comment

@ST

Ehhh, I've checked about byte 14-15 of the units and you're rigth and at the same time, wrong. You're rigth: it's byte 14, not 15. However, you're not rigth about commodities. In fact, byte 14

* for trade units, stands for the commodities
          * for settlers/engineers, stands for the workload
          * for bombers and the like, stands for number of turns spent in air.

Comment

I have no argument against your statements. The fact they use that byte for several types of units seems logical.

Comment

In fact, I've discovered also that the byte 12 of an unit stores the last direction the units move to (0 for NorthEast, 1 for East, 2 for SouthEast, 3 for South, 4 for SouthWest, 5 for West, 6 for NorthWest, 7 for North, FF for not moved yet). It's probably used for something related to the "to go" and not entering in loops, but I'm not sure.

The byte 13 is something relate to the role the AI assigned to the units. The four rigthmost bits are displayed in the shield of the unit when you reveal the map (those number, 2, 9, etc). I think that 2 stands for build cities, 9 for explore, but I can be wrong. The four leftmost bits have not yet been worked out, but will probably also be related to the AI role of the units.

The bytes 15 and 18 are not yet worked out. The byte 15 appears to be 0 except for some units, where it can be 11,12,1,2,4 and other values. I've not discovered any unit with a non-0 18 byte value.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                Probably many people know that HEX-EDITING document confuses values of CiC and FW. This is a synopsis of differencies (file positions starts from 0, values are in hex):

CiC and lower FW and higher
                Size of Unit entry 1A 20
                Size of City entry 54 58
                Wonders position (=Size of starting block) FC 10A
                Size of CivEntry in Money&Techs block 574 594
                I think I was wrong. maybe this is better:

FW and lower MGE
                Size of Unit entry 1A 20
                Size of City entry 54 58

CiC and lower FW and higher
                Wonders position (=Size of starting block) FC 10A
                Size of CivEntry in Money&Techs block 574 594

Comment

Working...
                X