Unique techs in scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique techs in scenarios

When I design Test of Time scenarios, the program seems to ignore the flags below trade goods that control exclusivity of techs and allow every faction access to every tech by research, trade, theft or capture that would be possible without the flags limiting this. How do I fix this so it works like in the scifi or midgard games?

yeah that's a bug
    u need to use a rules with this option allready edited when u start and "save as scenario" your first *.scn file !

for this replace the rules.txt of the "original" folder by the rules.txt of your scenario (with all leaders2 options edited) then
    when u'll start and save as your first *.scn file, all will be ok !

if u don't want to re-start from the beginning...

Write a special events.txt that uses the following structure for the event that restricts technology: from Kevin "DarthVeda" Chulski ToT "Leaders2" Guide

@IF
    ScenarioLoaded
    @THEN
    EnableTechnology
    Whom=IJA (Or whatever the civ's name is)
    Technology=94 (Technology number)
    Value= (0 if you want to allow it for research and owning, 1 for no research, and 2 for "event only" ownership)
    @ENDIF

for all change needed (hope u only have 3-4 techs to change)

load your scenario
    verify the changes
    then save your scenario
    repeat the operation until all change are done

If u have to change a lots of tech maybe u should start from the beginning your scenario.

Comment

The events doesnt work in all cases.
      In my scenario I try to prevent a lot of techs from researching and trading, but the event doesnt work.

Comment

events does works... with *.scn
        do u use *.sav or *.scn to test events ?
        *.sav does not take care of modified events.txt, it keep the events options that the *.scn used when u save the game

Comment

i've converted one of my FW scenarios to ToT (WW2)
          then i recently decided to update it with lots of new units ToT allow, new graphiks and i've decided to make "Sacrifice" Tech only available for japanese civ ! ("Sacrifice" allows "kamikaze" unit). I use the events to modify my *.scn and it works !

Comment

Working...
          X