21st Century Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21st Century Scenario

How about a scenario designed for the 21st century, including colonization of the Moon, Mars, and a third world(perhaps Phobos/Deimos or Venus, though orbit is always there). It would run in the 2000-2125 period, but it would be tough to get massive Martian colonies going by then.

How about it?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

"BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Well, is it doable(we already have Martian tiles avalible, as well as Earth tiles, so that leaves the Moon and Venus or Orbit(which is already done, IIRC)? Event ideas, global warming, Martian colonization, perhaps an apocalyptic event on Earth(use for world 4?)? If this could be done, it would be very interesting to play.

Comment

A similar idea has indeed been done. Try Kestrel's "Escape from Sol" scenario, available from the Cradle of Civilzation site, here: http://coc.apolyton.net/scenarios/scn-escsol.shtml

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm looking at it. Its really cool, but not precisely what I had in mind. My idea would be to start today(2001, give or take a few years) and use an advanced tech tree to move mankind forward. The object(using 6 month turns, prbly) would be to colonize the solar system and perhaps move on. You would start in todays world and move forward.

Comment

Does it give you enough materials to get started?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                Does it give you enough materials to get started?
                I'm not sure what you mean. Escape from Sol does give me enough materials to start with. However, it is not what I'm looking at. I'm looking at a scenario starting in 2000, not one where man must pull itself back together. If you mean does the game provide enough tiles, then here's my two cents:
                1) Earth doesn't need to be terraformed.
                2) Moon won't get terraformed within realism.
                3) Mars, perhaps. We could allow for limited terraforming.
                4) World 4(Presumably Venus): We'd have already cooled Venus down before going to the surface. If we do anything in the outer SS(Triton?), then it probably won't get terraformed.
                Did I cover what you were asking?

Comment

Working...
                X