TOT Fantasy PBEM game anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT Fantasy PBEM game anybody?

With the TOT succession game looking to be pretty interesting, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying out a TOT Fantasy PBEM. This'd be my first time giving this a try but I'm interested to see how it'd pan out. Any takers? If anyone's game, we'd all make sure we have the 1.01 patch, blah blah blah.

I never played by PBEM, so I have these questions:

* Do you have to play it everyday?
    * How long does one play? I mean, is it one-turn-me-one-turn-you, or what?
    * Do you play with more than just one human opponent or is it just 1v1 plus 5 AI?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I'm guessing it would be something like...

- At least maybe one turn a day? More if possible
      - We'd all just go through our turn orders... but yeah, my turn, your turn, next guy's turn, my turn again.
      - I think it'd be possible to play with more than two people. It's a simple of matter of posting the game on this site here and the person's who's turn is next would simply load it up, play, and then post it again.

I was thinking, maybe 3-4 people would be nice. More would be great, but I'm worried that it might get a little difficult to keep the game going. But I'm not asking for hardcore commitment. Just play when it's convenient for you when your turn comes up. So, if anyone's up to it, just say here if that's the case and which race you'd be interested in controlling. Thanks.

Comment

I'm still not exactly sure how it's done but it doesn't look very hard. We'd just simply choose the "hotseat" option. Once a person is finished a turn, it tells you who's turn is next. The slight SLIGHT problem there is, that you can't save the game before seeing the other guy's map. So... there's no way to keep anyone honest really. But if we get sincere players just looking for a casual game, this shouldn't be a problem. Just save and post.

There is a password option but still, there's no way of saving a game between turns. It's not the best way of operating but then... yeah, it's only a casual game.

Comment

Working...
        X