book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book

Sid Meier's Civilization II : Advanced Strategies (Secrets of the Games Series.)

Anyone have this book?

And could someone give us comments on that book?
    Is worth to buy it?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I looked at amazon for it.
      This is what I found:

Comment

hahaha..why would anyone buy that when they can pick thru the Great Library or archives?

I doubt very much you will find anything in that, that you can't find here.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
          I doubt very much you will find anything in that, that you can't find here.
          That strategy book is just an another way to plunder
          Civ II players. And have you ever seen any good strategy
          books? I doubt that.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I don't care Smash. I've read thru the Great Library and some civ2-threads. I want that book anyways. So....if anyone has it....please post.

If you made a book out of the GL and the archives Smash....

Rasbelin, "Sid Meier's Civilization II The Official Strategy Guide" is a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars-E
              Rasbelin, "Sid Meier's Civilization II The Official Strategy Guide" is a good book.
              If I need a Civ II book, I use the manual (186 pages).

Comment

I bought the Advanced Guide (125 pages, ISBN 0-7615-0917-8) and the Prima Civ II Official Strategy Guide (370 pages, ISBN 0-7615-0106-1) back in 1996. At the time, I just wasn't getting what I needed to play the game well from the manual.
                The better question to ask is: has a worthy game manual ever been produced?

Nevertheless, I found the larger Official Strategy Guide to be much more complete and helpful. It's well organized and covers much more detail than the Advanced Strategy Guide which was written to help play at Emperor/Deity level. The Advanced Guide definitely contains factual errors as well.

Comment

If you made a book out of the GL and the archives

A couple years ago it would have made a fortune..now I'm not so sure.

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

you'll get everything you should need on forums, if don't know, just ask!
                    No need for books!!!
                    googol... this is a number!
                    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                      With all we've discovered that the manual has wrong, it's a questionable source!
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

No need for books?? What I "need" is a systematic presentation of civ2-strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by granite00
                          The better question to ask is: has a worthy game manual ever been produced?
                          Yes - Sid Meier's Gettysburg!

Comment

Originally posted by Lars-E
                            No need for books?? What I "need" is a systematic presentation of civ2-strategy.
                            Ask here at Ape. No need for books. So what do you
                            want to know?

Comment

Don't know.

I just got the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X